Drawing parallel curves?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Having trouble figuring out how to draw parallel 13.5 radius curves. I have the outside curve drawn. I have my center lines spaced at 1.5". Can't get the inside curve drawn to match. What am I missing?

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

twforeman

They can't be the same radius. If your outer curve is 13.5" radius and the track spacing is 1.5" then the inner curve needs to have a 12" radius.

If you want both curves to be 13.5" radius, then you need to move the center and the curves will not be concentric (parallel for curves.)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.