Don't you hate this...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
I spent almost an entire day trying to find the "Battery 110 volt Charger" for my Camcorder, as the battery had died, without success. So, I turned around and bought another one which arrived yesterday. Just now I was unplugging my SB5 and wouldn't you know it ... there was the Battery Charger!

Murphy's Law, as soon as you buy something to replace what you thought you'd lost, it turns up :rolleyes:

I feel your pain Tony. I have been working on installing Woodland Scenics Just-Plug LED lighting on my layout and somewhere between theworkbench upstairs and the train room in the basemant, the model railroad troll has made off with the extension leads that I brought down there. I know that just like you, as soon as I order more, the troll will return them.

I was going to press the "Like" button but that didn't seem right. It always happens doesn't it. I remember when I first started in the Hobby I bought 3 or 4 Atlas turnouts. All 4 of them were on the bench work in plain view. When the time came to install them, 1 was missing and STILL IS. Never did find where it went.

Now I have a box for all of my newly purchased stuff and everything bought goes into it. Will that stop the troll from making an appearance? Probably not :(

One quick (off topic) question, let us know how you like those lights and if they are worth the money.

Greg had tried them and seemed to like them so I figured that I would give them a shot. I do like them a lot. The only thing I dislike is having to work with the extremely fine wires. Here is the town area with the lights. I needed to get an additional hub to complete all of the town because the leads, although they are pretty oneg, aren't long enough. The town is about 12' long.

20180422_133502.jpg

This is their ready build mobile home that I was looking for the extension leads for. Comes with an LED light and printed interior.

20180414_161521.jpg

Thanks Chet, while I might not have as many buildings to light as you have, the might save a bit of work and time. They certainly do look good on your layout. I first came across them when I (inadvertently) bought my wife a small station that was equipped with the lights. I decided to cut the plug of and install my own resistor etc when I saw the cost of the terminal thing and what was needed. Thought it a bit much for one small building on a small layout like hers.

Having the hub, there is a dimmer to let you control how brightthe LED is. I had to turn the one in the trailer down quite a bit.

Had a look and they do look great. The only downside I can see is the cost involved to set up what I may need. At $20 per hub for 4 lights, I'll need almost 10 of them for buildings and Street lighting, that's over $200 to start with, not to mention the lights to go with it all.

While they are obviously convenient and easy to setup, I think for me the cost is going to be prohibitive compared to doing my own lighting. That being said, they would definitely make doing street lighting much easier and could prove worth while for that.

Had a look and they do look great. The only downside I can see is the cost involved to set up what I may need. At $20 per hub for 4 lights, I'll need almost 10 of them for buildings and Street lighting, that's over $200 to start with, not to mention the lights to go with it all.

While they are obviously convenient and easy to setup, I think for me the cost is going to be prohibitive compared to doing my own lighting. That being said, they would definitely make doing street lighting much easier and could prove worth while for that.

Hello wombat457,

I went the site to look at the hubs and see them listed for $16.99 each

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/JP5701/page/1

Back