Does anybody custom-print decals for prototype RRs?

Mike - just letting you know the post office finally delivered your package!:cool:

I found the set of C&O "large logo" yellow decals for an auto parts boxcar. Didn't see any of the large yellow "B & O" roman-font letters; but that's ok since I wasn't originally looking for those anyway.

Thanks again!

I've run into a problem where I cannot accurately model a Ford assembly plant, because the only type of 60ft auto parts boxcars that they use are the ones that have plug doors on them. The model manufacturers only seem to sell plug door boxes in Western road names. So, I figured I'd simply buy a few and paint/decal them for the C&O; but it seems like Microscale only makes locomotive decals, nothing for 1970-era boxcars. I really need some large yellow C&O "Progress" logo decals.

Which leads to my question: Can the custom decal printing companies, who do private fantasy roadnames, do runs of prototype railroads as well? Or do issues of potential trademark infringement, licensing, etc., prevent them from doing so?

Back