Do these ties look prototypical

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
I've been looking at pics of railroad ties to try and get a sense of the colour. But tie colour varies so much that I have become "tie blind".

I have come up with the scheme in the attached pics and was wondering what the consensus is. Most ties have a weathered look with the occasional newer brown tie thrown in for good measure.

Comments?

I also think they look good but could use maybe a little more of a greyer tint to them

make a small diarama with a single section of track and set it like your layout. Place a section of track as you showed and ballast it to see how it looks. that way you can make any adjustments or correct mistakes before you ballastwhat you have.

I was going to ask you about the camara...It seems to have an overall greenish hue. It wouldn't be an HP camara by any chance..? I had one and it did just that. Thankfully I lost it somewhere....:D

I suspect the ties look just fine in person, discounting the yellowish tinge from the camera. One thing I would is pull the track nails if the track is well secured to the roadbed.

ties

i am a rxr track inspector a lumber mill in south carloina did make some preesure treated ties for the waccmaw coast line shortline rxr that where green but the do not last very long.

Back