River Run Roster Shot

River Run

Diesel Detailer
Here is the complete roster of the River Run. My locomotives were all done in the 1990s. You can see hints of my favorite Fallen Flags in the color and scheme. Delaware & Hudson is one, Lehigh & Hudson River is another.

run1.jpg

run2.jpg

run3.jpg

run4.jpg

Thanks, I model 1980, so #26 is still in the 1969 paint scheme. I've followed the ideas from the V&O and used different schemes to show a passage of time. My RS-3 is in the 1976 scheme, hence the red overlay on the lettering to show a red, white, and blue.

Very nice looking fleet. I'm not an Alco fan, but they sure do have a nice shortline feel. The multiple paint schemes are an easy way to add interest and history to your railroad. Nice work.

Fine looking collection.

I am curious, why the change to modeling N&W?

I do both. There is an interchange at Justus Ohio just east of the Brewster Ohio yard. I also model the Nickel Plate, it just depends on what year I decide I want to run on a certain day, that's what's nice about Model Railroading, your railroad can be a dandy time machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do both. There is an interchange at Justus Ohio just east of the Brewster Ohio yard. I also model the Nickel Plate, it just depends on what year I decide I want to run on a certain day, that's what's nice about Model Railroading, your railroad can be a dandy time machine.

I am trying to do the 'time machine' thing as well. My earliest memories of trains were the black and white NW trains that ran behind my grandfathers farm in the mid to late 1970's. His farm was located on the old NKP mainline just west of Leipsic, Ohio. While I have followed the NW through the NW-Southern merger, I have recently developed an interest in the pre-merger roads. So as a result, I am collecting NKP, ACY and NW (both 60's and 70's paint). While it is fun to be able to recreate multiple time periods, it does complicate the weathering process and requires many more pieces than modeling a more specific date.

Back