Decoders for Kato SD90

Kato SD90 CP with ditchlights HO

recommendation for decoder for basic function?

and recommendation for a sound unit and install hints?

On the digitrak factory equipped units what version of decoder is installed?

thanks ,,, Ken

For sound, the TSU-KT1000 EMD 710 (the one listed for the SD70). You may have to remove the weight in the top or work around the rear light pipe for the speaker. You may have to add LEDs to the FX5/6 pads for the ditch lights.

Basic function? A 8 pin DT4 (TCS), a DH165K1 light board (Digitrax), or a MC2H104OP (Soundtraxx non-sound).

For sound, the TSU-KT1000 EMD 710 (the one listed for the SD70). You may have to remove the weight in the top or work around the rear light pipe for the speaker. You may have to add LEDs to the FX5/6 pads for the ditch lights.

Basic function? A 8 pin DT4 (TCS), a DH165K1 light board (Digitrax), or a MC2H104OP (Soundtraxx non-sound).

Thanks Trey, I will probably go with the TCS. I wonder if I will have controll over the ditch lights with a DT4?

thanks ... ken

Thanks Trey, I will probably go with the TCS. I wonder if I will have controll over the ditch lights with a DT4?

thanks ... ken
I seem to remember the SD90MAC had a light pipe from a single LED to both headlights and ditchlights. That being the case, the answer would be a big "no", at least straight out of the box. You'd have to cut the light pipe and add LEDs for the ditchlights.

Kato SD90 has a "ditchlight pipe"

I seem to remember the SD90MAC had a light pipe from a single LED to both headlights and ditchlights. That being the case, the answer would be a big "no", at least straight out of the box. You'd have to cut the light pipe and add LEDs for the ditchlights.

Terry, thanks, appears you are right. I wondered what the funny elongated Y shaped piece with no label on the parts diag was and why there was nothing showing for ditch lights.

I am impressed with the brightness however it picks up from the light source.

thanks ,,, ken

Back