Decal Question

BAD

Does anyone know where I can get some decals for the Dakota & Iowa Railroad? They look like this below, but I am having trouble finding some.
b-1325-dair2510.jpg

Andrew, I looked around, checked the usual places and didn't see anything for the Dakota & Iowa. You might have to get these made up special.

Can't find any ready made decals either. It's a pretty simple scheme. If you can get a copy of the D&I logo from somewhere, you can probably print out your own decals. The problem is they don't seem to have a web site so I don't know where you'd get a copy of the logo.

Ya I kinda figured that here is a logo
DAIR.jpg

Would the best way to do it is print it on white decal paper and do it that way or do you guys have other suggestions?
Also, on the red stripe should I paint it that way or is there a decal sheet with a red stripe like that?

Andrew, Micro-Scale makes tons of red stripe decals. Those are much easier to do than masking the entire area.

The art work you have looks real close to the one on the Loco.
I would use white decal paper and print as many that will fit on the sheet of decal paper.
The red stripes from Micro Scale would be the best way to go.

I one's I had printed for my RR were dry transfer's. I had to move them to clear decal paper and seal with clear coat before wetting the paper.

anyone got a link for a cheap red stripe decal set? The ones that I have cost like 7.95 for shipping plus the cost of the decals.

Back