dcc locomotive question

fitefire911

i have a dcc layout i use bachmann ez command, my question is does it matter what brand of dcc loco i use, do i have to use only bachmann locos or what do i look for, i would like to find one with dcc sound, anything special i need to lokk for thanks

All DCC decoders/decoder-equipped locos should work fine. For sound, that's up to you, there are many different suppliers (Soundtraxx, Lens, Digitrax, etc...). Opinions on different sound decoders vary by person, so you'll have to do your own research to find what you like (YouTube is a good place to start). Good luck!

...does it matter what brand of dcc loco i use, do i have to use only bachmann locos ...anything special i need to lokk for thanks

All currently available decoders should respond to your EZ-Command. The problem you need to be aware of is that the engine may be the source of some trouble if you get the wrong one. Depending on your curve radii, you may get a good deal on a nice sound locomotive that you can't use!!

I recommend you check to see if the locos that interest you can run on your tracks.

Back