CV values (NCE Powercab)

AstroKnight187

Does anyone know the CV value to change the bell sound on an Athearn Genesis GP9 using NCE Powercab?

I figured out how to change the horn, and that went smoothly, but I don’t like the bell sound effect. Can I also change how fast it rings as well?

(I do HO scale)

It depends on which sound decoder you have. The cv numbers and values are different for each decoder manufacturer, and sometimes for a particular locomotive manufacturer, as well.

If you know what brand and model of decoder is installed in your loco, you should be able to go to the decoder manufacturer's website, look up the manual on your particular decoder, then find the CV chart and range of values you can enter to make adjustments to each CV.

Hopefully you can make changes to the bell sounds. If you made changes to the horn, then being able to change the bell also sounds promising.

Hi. According to the manual for The Athearn Genesis GP7 and 9 the bell type cannot be changed ( unlike the horn) but there are a couple of
sound parameters that can be changed. These are from my manual which came with my GP9B G62911 so check that this is the series that you are
looking at. The manual covers GP7 and 9 A and B units. Decoder is a Tsunami.
CV130 Bell volume - default value 80
CV114 Bell ring rate - default value 3
Hope this Helps.

If your Genesis has a Tsunami 2 decoder cv 122 (value of 0-49) changes bell sound and ring rate for all (except for value 49) bell sounds.
This is only my own experience with Genesis engine's equipped with Tsunami 2 decoders. Hope it helps.

The owners manual for Tsunami 2 decoder can be downloaded from the Soundtrax website.

It depends on which sound decoder you have. The cv numbers and values are different for each decoder manufacturer, and sometimes for a particular locomotive manufacturer, as well.
I think it’s tsunami sound but I’m not sure, I’ll have to get back to you on what decoder it is

If your Genesis has a Tsunami 2 decoder cv 122 (value of 0-49) changes bell sound and ring rate for all (except for value 49) bell sounds.
This is only my own experience with Genesis engine's equipped with Tsunami 2 decoders. Hope it helps.

The owners manual for Tsunami 2 decoder can be downloaded from the Soundtrax website.
I figured how to change his fast it rings, but now I just want to change what it sounds like. To change the horn it was CV 115, that’s one of the only ones I know because I just figured out how CVs work

Hi. According to the manual for The Athearn Genesis GP7 and 9 the bell type cannot be changed ( unlike the horn) but there are a couple of
sound parameters that can be changed. These are from my manual which came with my GP9B G62911 so check that this is the series that you are
looking at. The manual covers GP7 and 9 A and B units. Decoder is a Tsunami.
CV130 Bell volume - default value 80
CV114 Bell ring rate - default value 3
Hope this Helps.
Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know

I figured how to change his fast it rings, but now I just want to change what it sounds like. To change the horn it was CV 115, that’s one of the only ones I know because I just figured out how CVs work
For my Genesis locos it’s same cv. Values 0-2 are for one bell sound (fast, medium and slow) same for values 3-5 etc…If you’re pretty sure you have a Tsunami 2 I recommend downloading manual from Soundtraxx website

Back