Michael J

New model railroader
Hello.

Our club is planning a fund-raising project to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct, which we are fortunate to have in our neighborhood. Just about every local group will be offering souvenirs, so why shouldn't we jump on the bandwagon? Anyway, one item being discussed is a commemorative HO railcar, possibly a boxcar but maybe a coal hopper. Is there anyone whose club has commissioned custom cars to sell or distribute? Can anyone recommend a manufacturer (or at least point us in the right direction)? What is involved in getting such a project done? (We have an excellent graphic artist [me], so creating the design is not an issue.)

Thanks, and maybe we will see you at the celebration next year.

Don't know how many of these you plan on getting but it might be cheaper to get a number of period cars and painting them up yourself, unless you are hoping to get a company to donate to do this for you guys.

Good luck in the venture, hope it works out,

Cheers,

wombat457

The Eastern Maine Model Railroad Club has been doing specials for twenty years or so, I have some of the old ones. Not sure if any of their members are on here, but you can probably hunt down the right person through their website.

http://emmrc.freeyellow.com

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Back