Creating models in T, Z, and N scale

matthornb

Some of you are going to question the validity of T-gauge as a model railroading scale... it's too small, it requires a great deal of dexterity, you can't include as much detailing in the models, there's not enough content available in that scale, etc...

For me, the upsides of small scales outweigh the downsides.

I've concluded that a layout in a small scale is cheaper, faster to make, uses less space, and is more portable...

I've decided two things. One is that I will make a 1:450 scale layout, a complete layout, showcasing my initial line of miniature buildings, and the second is that I'll diversify my line of items to also include some content for Z and N scales.

I see no reason to focus entirely on the extremely small scales like 1:450. I've decided that some of my T-scale items should also be released for larger, more mainstream scales (Z and N) and I'm planning to develop a few original models for 1:220 and 1:160 scale, sometime in the next few months.

I've heard requests for Z-scale deer and wildlife before, so I'm thinking I might start with designing that... after that, who knows?

I have a website displaying my models http://www.tgaugeworld.com

and it's tied to a shop on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tgauge

Neither is really well-organized or complete but I'm working on them.

3d-printing is an intriguing technology, as it allows for CGI 3d models to be converted into solid physical models, and Shapeways in particular allows for ordinary individuals to access this (high-end) emerging technology and create original content with it.

This said, what small-scale custom models would you guys be interested in seeing me make with this?

Clearly you have different motivation than the bulk of railroad modelers. I think a large portion of your reasoning and rational on your website are misguided. Good luck with your Z scale wildlife. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.
________
Star craft 2 replays

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think this is seriously cool.

Your T gauge buildings look pretty good. A few of them look great. However, the (molded in?) color could use a little definition; it sort of looks like it was felted on. Still, for T scale, amazing.

I challenge you to put lights in the buildings. :)

I'm invested in N right now but at some point... $$$ permitting... I might have to check out this T racket.

Back