Individual Colors are:

BURGANDY -

BMKZEme.jpg

GOLD -

E10LVAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Regards the burgundy:

Well the first thing is to mix red and blue to get the hue right - hue is the basic color, so to speak. After that you can add gray or black to lower the saturation which is the intensity of the color.

Regards the gold:

Start with yellow and add brown to get the hue right.

Frederick

Frederick,

Thanks mate, I'll get the appropriate Model Master colors and give it a go. Worse that can happen is I come up with totally different colors altogether :)

Thanks also for the explanation regarding the hue ... that'll help a lot.

Frederick,

Thank you, that is what I was after.

This is the other option should the burgandy not work out:

lfAiybu.jpg

With patience you should not have any problems with the burgundy.

My wife who is also quite good with this sort of thing suggested if first adding blue doesn't seem to be working trying skipping that step and just add black.

Frederick

I have decided to go with the Blue rather than the Burgandy, the blue just seems to look "better". I have also found the Blue and the Gold I need using Badger Modelflex Acrylic.

H2TEs8g.jpg

EI35nx2.jpg

NbcJAjX.jpg

Not sure i I will use the Deluxe Gold or the Armour Yellow. I think the Armour Yellow is closer to the Gold look I would like.

By the by, if you do use Badger Modelflex Acrylic then this mob has a very good range of it at what seems very good prices.

I love the CSX blue (I have it in Scalecoat). I like the B&O Gold. To me, from the samples (and we all know paints never match the samples :p ), it seems a little "brighter" and therefore more of what a "posh" railroad would use.

Thanks Kevin and yep, the samples rarely (if ever) match the paint. I think the CSX Blue is going to look great as a color and will go nicely with the Gold. Well, so long as I don't mess up the spraying that is :)

Back