Conversations - how to delete them?

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
How on earth do you delete "old conversations"? It seems as though there is no option for doing so.

Also, when selecting "All", it doesn't seem to register so you are unable to utilize any of the options offered, some of which make no sense to me anyway.

Lastly, there doesn't appear to be any where that you can see what you have sent to someone as a conversation. There is an "In Box" but no other options for conversations.

One more problem with the Conversation area ...

I receive an email showing that I have a "new conversation" as follows:

YBsjP0k.jpg

I click on the "View this Conversation" link and I get this:

EXsV5VH.jpg

Clicking on the "In Box" has the same result?

Hi Tony.

Go to your inbox, click in the small box off to the right of the convo you want to delete, then go to the bottom of the page and select "action", then select the "leave" action, then choose a selection you want there. Hope this helps, and I made sense of this, as I'm trying to do this with my first cup of coffee this morning. :)

Reference POST #2 ... still happening. Get an email telling me I have a conversation, can read the conversation contents in the email (GMail) BUT when I click on the "view this conversation" at the bottom of the email I get nothing at all as depicted above in post #2.

It appears as though the conversations go the way of some posts ... written, posted and lost some where between being posted and it/them reaching the thread.

Well, ya got me there. Hopefully some one with more experience with XenForo will chime in. Have you tried contacting an admin.?

I'm following the discussion, don't have a solution at the moment. I made need to log into Wombat's account to troubleshoot this, if so I'll get in touch with him and set that up.

Still having the problem Bob...

Here is what is shown in my "Inbox":

pcr2ts8.jpg

Note the number of replies regarding the highlighted conversation. This is what I get when I click on it to read those conversations:

uBZ2XxI.jpg

Trying to access any conversation from the email notification OR my Inbox produces the same result, an empty reply box.

Well, we did some testing and we've discovered the problem. Tony is running an ad blocker, "Ad Guard" specifically, and it is blocking the messages. Once he disabled that, the messages came through just fine.

So, if you're also seeing that problem, you might consider disabling the ad blocker for this site. For that matter, if you're feeling generous, allow ads to run on this site, that's how I pay for the server and hosting fees, and this place isn't cheap.

Glad you were able to discover his problem.
FWIW - I don't use an ad blocker and really haven't been bothered with ads ... knock on wood.

Glad you were able to discover his problem.
FWIW - I don't use an ad blocker and really haven't been bothered with ads ... knock on wood.

You won't be, at least not here. I have specifically excluded pop-up ads, full page ads, ads with any kind of sound, and any other sort of obnoxious ad that I can find. You'll see ads at the top and bottom of the page, and on the side of some pages. We intentionally keep them low key.

Back