Construction Cranes, models and images please

beiland

Back when I first re-entered the hobby, the modular concept was really ramping up. Folks where constructing modules with all sorts of individual themes. One that came to my mind was a powerplant scene/module. I had written,...

The power plant subject came up on another thread just recently, and that is what prompted me to look back for this posting. I just don't recall seeing a lot of good power plant scenes that might cover a broad era of their use.
As I mentioned before not a lot of young folks even know where and how our electrical power comes from/is generated. I wanted to create a whole scene with the older style coal plant (with coal piles sitting along side the delivery tracks). then perhaps some ongoing construction to a portion of that plant with turbines sections (peaking and otherwise) being added to the plant.
Then over the river bridges (source of cooling waters),... a nuclear plant under construction. I had (have) collected lots of various transformer delivery train cars, and lots of various style construction cranes This could be a pretty exciting scene to visit, particularly with today's multiple flashing LED lights on construction equipment.

I began collecting lots of construction cranes. I seem to recall that a lot of them came from European sources, sold thru Walthers. I saw some modules at the Timonium show with multiple cranes involved in tall building construction, and one very impressive one with multiple tall fire fighting equipment/crane type ladders fighting a burning building (lots of flashing lights, etc).

Naturally the mere height of these cranes catches our eye.

So what I am seeking here is for images that other folks might have on their layouts, OR images they may have captured at a train show or a club layout,....SHOW US YOUR CRANES....

...like this one I saw on the York model railroad layout

Steel%20Mill%20at%20York%202.jpg

Steel%20Mill%20at%20York%204.jpg

Back