Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was obliquely questioning the validity of the VISTA license; nothing else.
Since everybody hates Vista, the shop probably has a few dozen legal install discs lying around they can't sell. Better to make a few bucks selling a working system than sit on a pile of worthless licenses.

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

FtWayneWabashYardsStation.png

Tipton.gif

Evening All,
Just thought I check in to see what has been going on?

Today, that was yesterday earlier, I took delivery of two AHM-Rivarossi Docksides, one in very rough shape but it only had the standard valve gear. The better one had Walschaearts valve gear but it had front end damage and could not easily be made into a standard Dockside as the suicide steps front bumper and even the coupler pocket were missing. Fortunately I also got another Rivarossi which was also an 0-4-0 but had a standard boiler attached and was meant to pull a tender.

After doing some checking my suspicions were confirmed the frame and motor layout was the same for both the dockside and this loco. I rather figured they were using the same frame as they both had the Walschaerts valve gear. So after disassembling the the last two better loco's I could see it should ber and easy swap of the shell and I'd be in business.

It was an easy swap but he frame for the little loco that wasn't a Dockside had different ways of attaching the the front coupler and of course the back had a draw bar so now I have to try and revamp this to accept a Kadee coupler pocket of one type of or another.

It's quite late at 3:30 Am, I was having too much fun getting the the little Dockside running good as well as doing some dress-up work on her that the time just rolled on down the line.

Talk with you tomorrow.

Good morning All! It's 61°F and overcast. I'm heading to the layout to do some more snooping.......

Good morning, from Fulton county Illinois. It's 70 and on the way to 86 with a chance of thunderstorms.

My wife and I are taking our son and daughter-in-law out to eat for lunch today. Time is running short, they're leaving to go back to Texas Sunday morning.:mad:

Good morning. It's 74° and cloudy. The high will be 88° and it'll be partly cloudy.

No plans for today. I'm not feeling well this morning so I'm just taking it easy. Had to go to town this morning to turn in a couple of library books I forgot I had. The library hadn't yet opened but there's that convenient book drop outside. Just drive up and drop the books in. From there it was on to the store to pick up some items I didn't get yesterday. Got back home before 9 o:clock. Already called down to my parents place and checked on my mother. She's able to get around and care for herself now as long as she doesn't try to push it. So that's pretty much my day so far.

P1010890.jpg

Afternoon and 75 in Knox county Ohio, rumored birthplace of Lothar of the Hill People. Lothar is known to have walked with many women, yet he remains vexed by them. :confused:

Good Morning Guys,

It's cool at 64* inside the back pourh with a few scattered clouds but large ones forming. Let see what the WU says?

Now Sunny but partly cloudy
Temperature 66.2 °F
Feels Like 66.2 °F
Wind(mph) 0.0
Sunrise / Set 6:00 AM/ 7:51 PM
Moon Waxing Gibbous
More Astronomy
Today Partly Cloudy 72 °F
Tonight Clear 48 °F

> >

Last night I stayed up too late till fairly early this morning and was awoken by some damn big bird pecking on my Cedar Roof and then a smaller bird started also pecking and that got me up but I feel like laying down a getting more sleep.

Say Mike: It seems that the little folk are hiding something on you?

Have a good day all!

........Say Rex:
In talking with Matt/Littlefoot, he inquired about Corey and I haven't heard from him either, are you aware of how he's doing?

Have an enjoyable day![/COLOR][/B]

I only know Corey on here. You must be thinking of me personally knowing Carey (CJ)(CjCrescent). He has some medical issues, being up and down, but he is still around and posts on here some.

We finally got a good rain, but are paying for it now. It is sooooo humid, it's.....!

We finally got a good rain, but are paying for it now. It is sooooo humid, it's.....!
Oh yeah. It gets like that here. Feels like your skin is just gonna slide off. Whether it rains or not doesn't matter. With all the meds I take I burn rather badly so I stay inside most of the time. Seventy degrees in the AC feels so nice when it's high 80's/90's outside.

Time for me to call it a night. Had to go to the post office today to try straightening out a problem. Seems a package I sent to New York ended up in North Carolina! The postal service says they'll track it down and get it to where it needs to go. The contents of the package are rather expensive so I'm not a happy camper. I can't always get insurance on package contents as it's sometimes a stretch to pay the postal fees. I'm a very poor person. I have to look up through a powerful telescope to see the poverty line!

See y'all tomorrow.

P1012829.jpg

I only know Corey on here. You must be thinking of me personally knowing Carey (CJ)(CjCrescent). He has some medical issues, being up and down, but he is still around and posts on here some.

Thanks Rex,
Matt may have said Carey and I got the names mixed-up.
It's too bad Carey is having medical issues, that's not good.
Hope he gets to feeling better.

Take care,

Mornin all! :)
Lookin for temps around 80, with a slight chance of a shower today. Time to clean the whirleybirds, helicopters, whatever ya call em Maple seeds out of the downspouts today. Must be a jillion out there!! :eek: The tree is huge, about 70-80 feet tall and just as wide, and made an abundance of seeds this year. Anybody got a use for em?:rolleyes:

After that, new fan belts for the Ranger, a new class 3 hitch for the Ranger, then if time and conditions permit, relocate the trailer to the lower part of the yard and re-seed the area behind the garage the trailer sat in.

No time for choo choos today! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back