Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Good morning. It's 77° and the humidity is 92%. We have a chance for rain. The high will be 92° but it'll feel like 107°.
30-1.jpg

Nothing planned for today. I can now hold a screwdriver fairly steady so the meds are doing their job. I may jump into a project or two later.

DSCN0859.jpg

Holy bada-chingos bada-mingos baby! Is for very much muey caliente outside today for chure! I mean HOT HOT HOT amigos! Deez temperchures cooking dee burritos by only by theemselves.....no cooker even needed! kNow whatta I mean? Is NOT muey frio (not cold). Just where shorts today (if you go outside) Ok? Just some avice for choos RR guys today. Peace out baby! :):p:)

Good morning. It's already 84° with a heat index of 93° and it's not even 10:00 am! The high will be 95° but will feel like 110°. Probably be able to cook burritos on the sidewalk today. There's a small chance of rain.
cond20-1.jpg

Woke up early this morning in the middle of a sugar crash. Blood sugar level was 54. I enjoyed a bowl of chicken flavored Ramon noodles while watching a video about Tony Lash's MTH Hi-Rail layout. Only two reasons I didn't go to O-Scale were space and money. I don't have much of either one. Blood sugar is still low but is a more manageable 70. I'm working on that. Concentration is out the window as my attention span is about thirty seconds. Got a train running right now led by the GP38/SD27J/8-40B. May do some layout work today. The day is young yet. Got my electric bill yesterday. There's probably going to be some envious remarks and a few thuds from bodies hitting the floor. It's a whopping $25! I'll take an electric bill like that anytime.

DSCN0500.jpg

Had a bit of a mishap here. One of my Athearn cars dropped a coupler pocket cover plate and of course there was an uncoupling and derailment. The mess has been cleaned up but I can't find that cover plate anywhere. It's not the first time for this car. If I can't find the cover plate I'm going to drill the pocket and tap it for a screw and install a Kadee pocket cover on it. It won't just pop off then. Time to find a magnet and go around the track.

man jeffery i swear all the thunderstorms you get , you send them my way, everyday the same thing everyday lol ;)

man jeffery i swear all the thunderstorms you get , you send them my way, everyday the same thing everyday lol ;)
Mustn't have the gators getting sunburned you know. Plus I figure you can use the rain. Wouldn't want another rash of bad wildfires there like they had years ago.

Well I found the coupler cover plate. I keep a couple of old strip magnets stuck on the side of the fridge for just such an emergency and it picked up the plate inside of a minute. Upon examining the coupler pocket I saw that the teeth that hold the clip were worn down. I put the plate back on then took steps to make sure it never drops off again.

Belt and suspenders anyone?

P1011305.jpg

Wow Jeffrey! Bright bright red trucks!!:eek::eek:
Where you keep dem batteries??:confused::confused:
Yeah, I don't know what the guys at Athearn were smoking when they came up with those. They are quite fluorescent, even more so in person. I had to powder down the side frames because they were the brightest things on the layout and quite distracting. Note how clean the wheels are. All wheels should be that clean. And I haven't cleaned them in over two years time on the rails.

Time for me to call it a night. Found out today the Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube isn't the best thing for a model loco gear lube. It thins out into nothing and evaporates away leaving behind some green specks. Back to the Dexron/Mercon ATF. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011308.jpg

Good morning. It's 81° and it already feels like 87°. The high will be 95° but will feel like 110°. There's a chance for rain.
30-1.jpg

The drive in my number three Frankenstein F unit was damaged in a wreck yesterday so I'll be rebuilding it today. I don't know yet the extent of the damage but it sounds serious. The shafts are turning but the gears in the bottom of the trucks are not. This is a rebuilt Proto/Kato drive with associated Proto trucks. I may replace it with a refurbished Athearn drive. The Proto motor will work fine on that and the Athearn drive will carry the weight of the Varney body well. Updates will be provided as they become available.

I feel much better today than I did at the beginning of the week. My blood sugar this morning was an easy to live with 107. What other plans life has for me today I don't know. I'm planning on mowing my parents yard this weekend but will probably do it before then as the weather is looking dicey again.

DSCN0482.jpg

G'day all from NW Ohio. A bit damp(finally) and dreary out there today. But, quite a relief. Maybe the veggies will survive in the garden. I do think the sweet corn is about toast with no rain falling when we needed it. 'Maters might make it along with the rest of the stuff.That's a good thing. Zucchini's are thriving. We have been watering trying to save what we could. This rain, as little and as late as it is, should be a blessing.

Have a good'un!!

Bob

WooHoo! :eek: Just got through a real gullywasher of a storm, and the radar shows clear skies till well after dark before the rain returns. :) So in a while we'll be leaving the cars inside, and get the old Ranger out of the garage and go to the local fireman's carnival. :D Why the old truck? 4wd of course!! The parking lot/field will probably be more exciting than the rides!!:D

oh and

boB ! hey ya old bag o dirt!! Where ya been buddy!!:D:D:D

Well it was a bit of work that I had to spread over the whole day with a sugar crash in the middle but the three Frankenstein F units are all running again. I had to take the cobbled together Proto/Kato chassis of the last unit out completely and replace it with an Athearn chassis with Proto trucks and a Proto motor. The trucks on the Proto/Kato chassis are trashed. The gear near the top of the tower in BOTH towers were broken and the gear below it was missing some teeth. I knew it took a hard hit but I didn't think it THAT hard. I've seen locos take a nose dive and come up with less drive damage than that. Oh well, the F unit trio is running again, that's all that counts. On the sugar crash, got down to 66. Wondered why I was feeling a little light headed. Did a check and found out why. Time to stop and eat was right then. Meat loaf, green peas, carrot, potatoes and some egg noodles took care of the problem.

well jeffery thanks for the thunderstorm reperive lol it was hot all day & nothing formed in the east :D:D

Back