Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the rule our neighbors here don't seem to know. It's real hard to call the cops on a party if you're there.
I did that many years ago when I was at university here. We were having a party when we had a few partycrashers show up--all wired/liquored up. Phoned the police--they cleared when the police showed up---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seemed a few of them were wanted by the police:eek::rolleyes:;)

11/13/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:rolleyes:
donuteat.png
Potofcoffeepouring.png

I've got his email address. Will PM anyone here that wants to give it a shot. Of course, I must be sure your intentions are honorable and you won't be emailing any monkey dung....

Bob

lraK, Farmville is neat!!! Too slow to load though, and that's on a FAST computer!!!!!!

Back from the dead(again).

Bob

Bob, add me as your neigbor! Is Larry a neigbor of yours? If so I'll find ya that way..... I'm 2 neigbors away from 22x22 farm

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon Guys & Gals,

What this about Monkey crap in the coffee? Yuck!! I like the place Bill Tilder goes, waitresses sure look neat and clean not too mention Foxy!!

Hope this finds everyone doing well. It feels good to get back to Railroading and starting
more work on the layout. I need to get three more turnouts made-up to fit the freight area at Five-Oaks as everything is set up.

Take care keep that freight moving.

What's up guys??? Been installing groundthrows on all my yard tracks, and cutting gaps to get it ready for wiring. The hardest part will be gapping and wiring the scratchbuilt double crossover in the yard throat. There needs to be 24 more gaps put in on that one piece of track. Need that number of gaps to ensure no shorts when going thru the crossover. A little more wiring is required at times when you handlay everything. I guess that I could have cheated, and used commercial components, but I wouldn't have been satisfied.

When thats done, the trackwork for the yard and rndhse areas will be finished. The rndhse has 9 stalls and there are 7 more open air tracks. A couple of my friends wants me to start doing some scenery, but not yet. There will be no scenery done until 99% of the track is installed, and working perfectly. That's a personal goal that I've set up for this layout. I don't particularly like the plywood pacific look it currently has, but I've seen too many layouts where the scenery gets installed before the track is completely bulletproof, and that just causes operating problems. That means that it may take another 2-3 years to finish the branchline up to Maplesville. I'm in no hurry.

Been puny the past month, as my sweet wife brought home a bug from work the first of Oct. that turned into pneumonia. She was over it in less than a week, but me..... Just now getting over it, and grandson and his mother took off to Little Rock last week for a visit with the other set of grand parents, and wouldn't ya know it, he brings me back another URI! Getting tired of this stuff.:(

Once I get the yard wired, I can start having real op sessions. That will force me to get several of my locos that aren't in one piece, needing painting, or decoder installs done so I can run more than some arties, and 2-10-2's and a few others. But before that, I gotta have a track cleaning party. Last time we ran trains on the layout was about 2 months ago, and I know that the track has gotten filthy in that time. The garage environment and just regular under use has contributed to that problem.

Guess I finally need to break down and build some John Allen cleaning cars.
I don't know that my wife will let me get a centerline cleaning car to supplement the JA cars. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year.;);)

Chris, Larry, finished with FV for the day. We should be neighbors now(I think). There are a couple of good sites on FB for railroaders, one being the NS home site.

Bob

I've got his email address. Will PM anyone here that wants to give it a shot. Of course, I must be sure your intentions are honorable and you won't be emailing any monkey dung....

Bob
I have a "real" email address, I can send him something from that if you don't want to send one from yours.

Good morning everyone.

I see we are forming a search party for Jim. I wonder if I got trapped in the RV!:) Hopefully he's just busy with life.

We got nine inches of snow yesterday!:eek: It was very wet and very heavy. It's the first time I haven't been able to make it to work in my car, ever. I turned around after almost getting stuck three times. When I got back home there was my Explorer with brand new tires smiling at me. That thing went right over and through the crap. Best money I've spent in the last year!

No modeling this week so far. I hope to finish painting the Merchants Row kits today. I think I said that last time I was on here. We'll see if today is the day. My wife works from 2 to 10 so there should be an opportunity to get things done.

I'm off to church. Have a great day everyone.

I got past the ballast part. I just hated doing it. Now I use lifelike powerlok, and I haven't had a problem since. I guess I'm just lazy like that. lol It is pretty durable if limited to the layouts you can make, but I'm not too concerned about it. Like I said, I have 3 boys 9, 5, and 3, so I gotta use the tough stuff and it has to be durable. I'll do the real scale stuff when they grow up a little more. My 9 yo is starting to learn how to saolder and work with a dremel fool, so he is going to be good with it when he gets older.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon. It's 54 and cloudy. The high will be 61 and mostly cloudy. There's a 50% chance of rain this evening and it's looking like an 80% chance tomorrow morning.

Nothing much happening today. Might work on the layout some later depending on how my back feels. There's still a lot to do.

P1011382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back