Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Monday, September 24, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

765_WalnutSt7E2_zpsc7f8f1b6.png

NKP 765, Walnut St., Muncie IN - July 2012

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Good morning. Well maybe for you it is. It's 69° and the humidity is 99%. We have patchy fog. The high will be 92° but will probably feel like 99°. It'll be partly cloudy.
cond026.gif

I'm not a happy camper this morning. I was awakened at 3 am by intense back pain, tightness in my chest and a burning sensation from my neck down to my knees. I;m somewhat lightheaded and dizzy. It sounds alarming but 90% of it is med side effects. The other 10%, the burning feeling, is due to a pinched nerve in my neck. Some Aleve has dulled that but the nerve problem will require I spend some time in the traction rig. That's hung on the closet door and awaiting my presence. I know where I'll be for the next hour or two. Depending on how I feel later I may get some layout work in. I also have plans to start on scratch building a grain elevator similar to the Walthers ADM elevator. I'll have to get measurements for the approximate size of the buildings.

DSCN0090.jpg

Good Morning

Nice and sunny but kinda coolish out there...42F right now...and of course the weatherguessers are saying a 'mix of sun and cloud' with the ever popular chance of rain be falling on our'n heads here...high? 57F....

Today is another day of grocery buying and general cleanup around the house/yard....

Have a great day!!!

Good morning.

I'm not a happy camper this morning. I was awakened at 3 am by intense back pain, tightness in my chest and a burning sensation from my neck down to my knees. I;m somewhat lightheaded and dizzy. It sounds alarming but 90% of it is med side effects. The other 10%, the burning feeling, is due to a pinched nerve in my neck. Some Aleve has dulled that but the nerve problem will require I spend some time in the traction rig. That's hung on the closet door and awaiting my presence. I know where I'll be for the next hour or two. Depending on how I feel later I may get some layout work in. I also have plans to start on scratch building a grain elevator similar to the Walthers ADM elevator. I'll have to get measurements for the approximate size of the buildings.

Say Jeff, Sorry to hear about your problem, but it seems you have good control over your situation which is good.

As far as scratch building your Grain Elevator that might be the best way too get the fit you need as well as the configuration that works for you. Especially if you already have a space to fill.

It should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to town with my father this morning. We had breakfast at The Waffle House in New Llano then went to Wal-Mart so he could do some grocery shopping for himself and I could pick up some much needed medical supplies and some Great Value drink mixes. My drinks may of medical necessity be limited mostly to water but that doesn't mean they have to be tasteless. Got back home about 11:30 and since I has still hurting quite a bit took some more Aleve and rested as best I could. No layout work today. Didn't even touch the layout. Maybe tomorrow I can get some work done on it. For now it's time to call it a night. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

P1010775.jpg

Well my move across town is progessing ok. I'm kind of a slow mover....plus I had numerous meetings with attorneys and financial advisors today too. :cool: Oh yes....big wheeler dealer here.

So far got all my N scale stuff and two nitro RC racecars over there in a closet....two living room chairs.....collection of expedition backpacks, tents, and winter sleeping bags I haven't used in ten years, and a few random boxes of stuff. About 90% still left to go. Time Warner cable can't hook up my internet in the new place before tuesday the first....unless they get ahead on fixing outages....then maybe sooner. I'm skipping TV service until I get another job. I'll just watch youtube videos of trains and weird cats instead. :D

With the money I save from no TV and keeping the AC and heat off during october....I plan to build some cheap free standing benches to expand the layout to four times it's original size. 4 x 36" x 80".....just flat like nebraska for now....NC&W (nebraska corn and wheat RR)...cover the 1/4" plywood deck with green foam granules (grass)....and order 10 more pieces of atlas code 80 flex...or....just remembered my one N guy has peco code 80 flex for same price......options....options. Then hook up my new DCC power! :eek: This should keep me busy for awhile at my snails pace.

Mike

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, September 25, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

frankfortyards1.png

NKP yards, Frankfort IN, 1940s

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Goog Bordig...

The weather here is sunny with a high of 66F later od....

Yeb, I hab a code...a goog old fashiod code. By dose is all stubbed ub ad I cad barely speag as you can see... ...AAAACCCCHHHIIINNSKI!!!! * sniff sniff HONK!!*

I'se be goig to the bag bood to find some solice in a cup of rub toddy ad by blanky....

G'morning it's 47* degrees and overcast here in central ohio. Storm in illinois-indiana looks headed our way. My internet has been progressively unreliable in this last week here while I'm trying to move. Have to power off then on again my router and cable modem several times a day to keep things working. Wish I knew what causes that. Lot's to do today.

Mike

Goog Bordig...

Yeb, I hab a code...a goog old fashiod code. By dose is all stubbed ub ad I cad barely speag as you can see... ...AAAACCCCHHHIIINNSKI!!!! * sniff sniff HONK!!*

I'se be goig to the bag bood to find some solice in a cup of rub toddy ad by blanky....
That's funny Barry! :) Hope you feel better.

Mike

Goog Bordig...

A shot of Jack Daniels with some lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey warmed up in the microwave will help you feel better. If that doesn't work, repeat the treatment until you either feel better, feel nothing, or pass out.;)

A shot of Jack Daniels with some lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey warmed up in the microwave will help you feel better. If that doesn't work, repeat the treatment until you either feel better, feel nothing, or pass out.;)
I forgo the lemon juice and honey and take the Jack Daniels straight.:cool::cool:

Good afternoon. I had breakfast with my father this morning. Scrambled eggs with bacon, sausage, toast. While he was cooking that I got a load of laundry started. We enjoyed breakfast then I put my laundry in the dryer. We then loaded up the power chair batteries (both dead as a doornail), my mothers clean laundry and a small shopping list of things to pick up and headed off to town. First stop was Lowe's. While my father went to the animal clinic to get the flea stuff for his dogs and cat I went into Lowe's to get the PVC pipe I need for my scratchbuilding project. I bought two five foot lengths of 2 3/8" outside diameter thick wall PVC pipe, closest I could find to 2.5" OD. Grand total of $11.13. We then went and turned the old batteries in and got new ones. Dropped my mothers laundry at the nursing home then took care of the remaining small items on the list. Got back and got my laundry out of the dryer then helped my father put the power chair back together then put the charger on it. Came home and unloaded my laundry and PVC pipe. Now to get on with the planning for the scratchbuilding of a concrete grain elevator. And why am I building that? Just for the heck of it.

P1010759.jpg

Good afternoon folks.

I'm stuck at work for my nineth day in a row and I'm losing interest. I tried to warn them I would be a little punchy after a week straight but they didn't care.:eek: That's okay, I'm spending my afternoon shopping for an Alco Rs 1,2 or 3. I want to try to get a deal on one and then paint it to my liking. Apparently there is a shortage of Alcos in the ebay world. People are bidding them up with six days left in the auction.:confused: Some how I've decided I NEED one of these but I don't actually want one in CNW or Milwaukee. I feel the need to paint after redoing my passenger cars and pacific. At least I feel like modeling again.

Speaking of that, I ran trains AND finished the last bit of ground cover for the river under my trestle. Thinking last night about the temps,and being able to airbrush outside for another few weeks, I remembered that I should probably pour my river while it's still nice outside. I plan on using envirotex lite, but I'm sure there are still some fumes involved. I have Sunday off so I think I'll do it then. I'm bringing up a large plastic tarp from the garage just in case something leaks. Better safe than sorry!

I feel much better now having talked about trains.
Have a good day everyone.

Back