Coach and Combine for the SPL

GaryMc

Started my next projects using the Labelle Hon3 coach and combine kits. Everything has been moving along smoothly with the roof being the tricky part. Now to start the combine car and get to the same point so I can paint everything at the same time. More pictures to follow as I progress.
passenger_car_005.jpg

I've said it before, but there's something about modeling a wooden car or structure with real wood, that you just don't get with other materials.

Your car is looking good. Cant' wait to see both finished products!

JazzDad and Rico thanks for comments. Made a little more progress, have all the walls in place.

Got the combine assembled and now to start on the white metal parts. Ordered some blackstone passenger trucks to try out for these cars and hopefully will be able to attach with out to much difficulty. Thanks for looking

The coach is a little further along and now to catch the combine up. The Blackstone trucks are detailed very nice and roll smoothly.

Simply bueatiful! You really captured the old time atmosphere.:)

I like those shades. They really give the impression of the car being occupied.

Real nice. I have a LaBelle combine in HO almost finished and a coach kit to do next.

What trucks did you use?

That is a nice green. Custom mixed?

Thanks everyone for the comments.

JazzDad the paint is by modelmaster...medium green.

Waltr, the trucks are by Blackstone for passenger cars, roll very smooth...derlin frames with metal wheels and axles.

Back