Clinchfield Railroad F3 #800

malletman

Alcohaulic
Started doing some of the redetailing of my Oriental Limited brass F3 phase IV to represent CRR #800. I added the raised number plate on the nose door, kind of looks motley in the photo but will look great once painted and the decal added. I removed the twin single chime horns and replaced it with a Leslie RS5T. The 800 has carried many different horns thru the years, I had this one on hand, so that is what she will carry on my railroad. I still need to get the roof top cooling coils added and replace 2 split gears in the trucks. I also have a brass NE6 caboose, which the Clinchfield used, so that will also need painted up. Just need to find a painter that doesnt have a year or two backlog. All detail parts are soldered into place. In my mini vise you an see the twin sealed beam set up with a tube to hold the bulb/LED. This will go in after the unit is painted and returned to me. The tube has a mounting plate at the rear to be tacked in place with JB weld, keeping sealed beam plate just behind the headlight glass outer lense. (real one is about 6" away for heat reasons)
CRR800.jpg

Back