Christmas Presents

max diyer

I always enjoyed finding out what everyone got. Well, someone had to ask. So here it is . . . what did you get for Christmas? Maybe some accompanying pics, also?

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
I got a Badger Patriot 105 airbrush!
007.JPG

008.JPG

I got a 4 pack of gourmet cream soda in glass bottles.
I love cream soda! My only problem is I have yet to find a decent tasting diet cream soda. Occasionally I will skip a meal and drink a regular cream soda slowly as I take a walk to keep my blood sugar down.

Now back to the original poster's question.

I got lots of cool stuff!

My son gave me a snow blower and a gift card. My daughters gave me gift cards and my grandsons gave me gift cards. My wife gave me a new Lionel Christmas Locomotive and a Lionel pub mirror. I can't forget she had already given me the Lionel 2018 Christmas car.

I'm notoriously hard to buy for. Judging by what I got you would think they could just buy something Lionel and that would be fine. I already have most everything I want and I am picky about what I want. My wife is persistent, she will keep questioning me until I tell her what I want.
1545829099649.png

1545828571710.png

1545828918366.png

With one of my gift cards I pre-ordered this
1545828993744.png

The Mrs. purchased me a mini-battery operated vacuum cleaner and a mini- hand screw driver. I think both will come in handy for locomotive cleaning and detail cleaning of structures. The screw driver will work for locomotive disassembly where the old hands don't work like they used to as in old days.

My nephew gave me a Weller Soldering Station which is set-up but I haven't as yet tried to use.

The SIL gave me $$$ to use on the layout.

A good Christmas.

Greg

I received several gift certificates to the LHS , a new Walther's track cleaning car from my brother and a bunch of figures from my grandsons and also my son.
12-27-18 002.JPG

12-27-18 001.JPG

12-27-18 003.001.JPG

Many of the figures will be repainted and shaved/reposed to fit my needs. I do have three Greyhound buses and a school bus to fill on the layout.

Real nice stuff!
No wonder, when He got to my house, all that was left in the bag was a chunk of coal. You guys got all the nice stuff!

Oh well, I'll just crush it and put it in my hoppers! ;)

( Yesterday is history . . . Tomorrow is a mystery . . . Today is a gift and that's why it's called The Present )

Keep the posts coming!

Did OK since I never told anyone what I wished for! (my bad)
Got a book called "KATY SOUTHWEST" .... An older "Locomotive Quarterly" containing L&A steam years and FRISCO clean MIKES (it's an excellent issue.) A DVD on WHITE PASS and Yukon with a WP&Y (baseball) cap. Also a few gift cards which I will save and re gift for birthdays later in the year. got some other clothing items as well.
GREG and Others ... last year I did receive lots of RR related items (I put out feelers) - one of which was a soldering station. I have used it a few times and it is fantastic! Only was about $30 .. should have had one years ago!

I love cream soda! My only problem is I have yet to find a decent tasting diet cream soda. Occasionally I will skip a meal and drink a regular cream soda slowly as I take a walk to keep my blood sugar down.

Now back to the original poster's question.

I got lots of cool stuff!

My son gave me a snow blower and a gift card. My daughters gave me gift cards and my grandsons gave me gift cards. My wife gave me a new Lionel Christmas Locomotive and a Lionel pub mirror. I can't forget she had already given me the Lionel 2018 Christmas car.

I'm notoriously hard to buy for. Judging by what I got you would think they could just buy something Lionel and that would be fine. I already have most everything I want and I am picky about what I want. My wife is persistent, she will keep questioning me until I tell her what I want.
View attachment 32794

View attachment 32791

View attachment 32792
With one of my gift cards I pre-ordered this
View attachment 32793
Awesome family you have there Louis....beaut gifts for a ripper of a bloke if i may say ..in Aussie speak .. Cheers Rod.

I got more mrr-related stuff this Christmas than I normally do.

From my 23yr-old daughter, an MB Klein (modeltrainstuff.com) $100 gift certificate - with which I got free shipping when I ordered the following items:

ChristmasGifts2018.jpg

Those are all things that I never get around to buying myself, because I always have other higher-priority hobby items that I need whenever I get spare cash.

....and from my son: a home crafted roll-away workbench, to replace the flimsy card table (visible in lower left corner) that I've been using for all my kitbashing/painting/decaling activities - ever since I surrendered a bar counter in the rec room in exchange for more space in the trainroom.

Roll-Away_Workbench.jpg

This will be much quicker to stash under the layout when I need aisle space for op sessions!

I got more mrr-related stuff this Christmas than I normally do.

From my 23yr-old daughter, an MB Klein (modeltrainstuff.com) $100 gift certificate - with which I got free shipping when I ordered the following items:

View attachment 32887

Those are all things that I never get around to buying myself, because I always have other higher-priority hobby items that I need whenever I get spare cash.

....and from my son: a home crafted roll-away workbench, to replace the flimsy card table (visible in lower left corner) that I've been using for all my kitbashing/painting/decaling activities - ever since I surrendered a bar counter in the rec room in exchange for more space in the trainroom.

View attachment 32888

This will be much quicker to stash under the layout when I need aisle space for op sessions!

Nice stuff Ken.
It should be a easy drive for you to MB Klein?

Nice stuff Ken.
It should be a easy drive for you to MB Klein?
True, it is a ~30-35min drive from my house - if the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) is not crowded; during daylight hours it's usually congested. If I don't need an item immediately and the shipping is free, I might as well take advantage of it! :)

True, it is a ~30-35min drive from my house - if the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) is not crowded; during daylight hours it's usually congested. If I don't need an item immediately and the shipping is free, I might as well take advantage of it! :)

Ken
I know the Beltway well. I stopped at MB Klein, some years back, but they were closed. Do they have a large retail floor? The free shipping is a good deal.

A nice airbrush, Flyboy! And what a nifty workbench, IronBeltKen!

DairyStateMom and I had a pact for a fairly frugal Christmas this yr because we blew through about every budget we have remodeling our kitchen this past summer.

DSM did arrange for Santa to leave a copy of Great Model Railroads 2019. And by mutual agreement I got a Walthers unpowered 90-foot turntable on sale at eBay, but that probably doesn't really count because it wasn't a surprise.:)

The most railroady present, however, came from a well-meaning brother-in-law... unfortunately, it's almost all useless: A whole bunch of 50-plus-year-old brass sectional track (18-inch radius, code 100; I use code 83 track and minimum radius mainline is 24 inches, elsewhere 20 or 22). Also, several Atlas selector switches (I have DCC, not DC). I will probably take it all to a swap meet or offer it to the ongoing resale program at my LHS. With no assurance he'll have any interest in it, to be honest....:rolleyes:

My sons haven't given me their presents yet. Hoping one of them gets me my annual MR calendar....:)

Ken
I know the Beltway well. I stopped at MB Klein, some years back, but they were closed. Do they have a large retail floor? The free shipping is a good deal.
Jim -

Sadly to say, their retail store is only a shadow of what it was ~3 years ago before they eliminated 60% of their showroom to expand their warehouse space. Once they did that, it became less of an attraction for me. I got the free shipping this time as a Christmas special deal because my order total was slightly above $100.

Back