Cat’s Head Pier

Jking

I am building Sheepscot’s Cats Head Pier and I can’t really find any reference pictures of a similar structure. It is a wooden coal unloading structure built around 1910.

i just copied the phrase "Sheepscot’s Cats Head Pier", pasted it into my browsers search field and saw MANY photos of it.

Do they say it's based on a prototype structure - haven't seen the kit so I don't know. A lot of times kit of prototypes will give them names different than the original buildings, for copyright reasons I suspect. Do the instructions indicate a region or city for the prototype? FSM kits will often reference where they got the ideas for the kit from. Did you search for "Wooden coal unloading structures" to see what returns?

The quote you gave me helped, thanks. I had done “coal unloading coal trestle 1920s”. The original may have been around Dartmouth. New to model railroading and the genre.

In searching through the images I came across this description on the box:

"A very realistic and historically accurate model of a coal unloading and distribution system used during the 1910 to 1960 era."

Pulling words out of this to might yield some additional search results.

Back