Cars 1 and 2

Aerojet

Been a long time coming, but tis finally finished. Car #2 the 7808 is done. Here it is attached to car #1 a Walthers Oscar. So two Walthers cars from the past slightly reworked.

If it means anything I saw a 7808 on sale on evil-bay for $55.00 a few days ago. It might still be there is you want to get your own! It was a complete kit, so don't expect to buy a ready made unit. Just like the old days.

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

The color difference is all the years the Oscar has been on the pike and running around as a "suit hack" -- and the 7808 was stored in a box awaiting final completion. Both light up and run well on my layout. Both cars are B & O Royal blue with reefer orange accents. The decals for this are too old to use anymore. I tried to use one of those restorative finishes to get them to work, but when wet, they disintegrate. Oh Well!!!!

Back in the early 80's when I had to dump the train to get the shop down here this was the last project in the works at that time. Now I have completed the circuit and finished the last car of that era.

I would have used a Royal Point engine if one ran well enough to actually pull the cars, but those are over 35 years old and don't work worth a ... and worse this system is DCC, not DC, and even though one can run DC on this system, my old engines don't like it. So I used a FM unit to pull them.

The Aerojet

Last edited:
I can see where this is going ...

Out of the car shop, and under our own power ---
IMG_0612.JPG

And that's ALL!!

The Aerojet

Back