Cardstock Buildings .. free

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

eTraxx

Found this link on another forum.

In honor of the 2009 Bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth you can now Build Your Own HO-scale cardboard models of actual historic buildings associated with Abraham Lincoln. Funded by the Illinois Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission in association with Old State Capitol Foundation and the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, the downloadable model parts for ten Lincoln Site models are available.

Build your own Lincoln Sites

then there is "Build your own Main Street"

Replace the windows and doors w/Grandt Line etc, print out extra sheets of cardstock to 3d the surface ..

If you don't believe that cardstock look 'good enough' .. take a look at the buildings (O scale) that Troels Kirk builds for his layout .. http://coastline.no13.se/ .. his models/modeling sets a very high standard ..

His Tesdorf Weavery for example .. like most of his buildings, built form mostly cardboard and paper ..

coastline

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
I'm using the front walls mounted on boards as flats on part of my layout. The Old State Capital is rather impressive. I've built alot of cardstock structures usually reinforcing them with wood braces and or backing with thicker stock. I've got a reem of heavy weight printer paper I use for printing these and signs.

eTraxx

Ed, that site that you mentioned. is that really what they do - sell down-loadable files???
The last two links are from a place called Clever Models. Sorry .. didn't realaize that you might not be able to get to the home page ..

Clever Models

Yes, they produced downloadable cardstock buildings and a freebie every so often .. such as the scale house. Click the link above and goto the Freebie page .. in addition to the HO verson, there are ones in O,S and N

jdetray

Here are a couple more resources.

Scale Scenes always has a couple of small cardstock buildings available for free download.

Norbtach's pages includes a bunch of free cardstock/foamboard plans, but you have to come up with your own colors and textures for many of them.

- Jeff

eTraxx

Good stuff. I downloaded the three freebies from Scale Scenes. A quick look at the other link let me find some nice .jpg in his 'streets and pavement' section

clevermod01

Hay Folks, I'm new here. they won't even let me put up a profile yet. but let me introduce myself.
Thom Miecznikowski and I'm the designer at Clever models LLC. If your not aware of us it's because we are a rather small company, just my brother and I. We have been making craftsman level card stock kits and texture sheets available for 6 years. At first we printed everything, then we started to distribute via stores and the web. Two years ago we began selling DVD's of our models as collections and a few months ago we began offering kits and textures via download. We regularly offer free kits to let people experience what a craftsman card kit is like. If you visit our blog and click through a few pages, it wont take long for you to get an idea of how good paper can look. In fact our kits can stand right next to wood kits right at the front of the layout.
We have over 50 kits available on disk and are adding kits on line for download every week. We just added a great small branch line depot and the O scale model is under $10. bucks. All of our kits and textures are available in O,S,HO and N
Sorry to be so long winded. I'm here to help people understand, build and enjoy card stock modeling. I will answer your questions and take your suggestions. Hope to hear from you.
Thom www.clevermodels.net

clevermod01

I appreciate that Ed

Thanks Ed, We try to be as accessible as possible since thing change on the web site so often. can I ask how you first found us?

Thom

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.