California model RR stores open or not?

NYC_George

I placed a order from Microscale 4 days ago. Their website says it's pending? Are California hobby businesses open?
George

So I just called Microscale and they are working with a skeleton crew. It takes a few days longer then normal to get out orders. They said it was shipped out today.
George

That was going to be my suggestion. Pretty certain retail hobby shops are closed. Other companies that can do online and delivery might be open, depending on where they are, what they do, and what the rules are on that day. They keep changing. Here in Seattle we just got locked down a bit tighter, with "essential businesses only" for the next two weeks, maybe more. That's still a pretty wide list, but guessing "model railroad supplies" don't qualify.

Up until yesterday, if you complied with the social distancing requirements etc, you could stay open even if you were non-essential. Some businesses were required to shut down, but general manufacturing etc was allowed to operate, with restrictions.

i just placed an order with model train stuff last wednesday got it on monday. they are still open as of monday. but they said shipping might take a little longer.

Back