Building the Quanah Acme & Pacific RR, along with the Frisco, DRGW, BN..............

There is a big BN presence on the QA&P too. I haven't shown very many here at all, so I am gonna try to keep these images on this thread.
I want a few more GP7's to make the 3 QA&P GP7's that plied Frisco rails. It must have been an estate type thing, as one of the undecorated GP7's I got on ebay had GP7 handrails and factory detail parts but the shell in the box was a GP9!. She gave me my$ back and didnt want the engine back. It has set around here waiting on me to figure out what to do with it, I finally gathered the parts to build it out of parts boxes.
View attachment 167476
The early SD9s had SD7 style handrails, the round posts, and two ladders on the ends like an SD7. Later ones had stamped stantions and one ladder on the end. Where the phase 1 GP9s similar?

So it took me a minute, is the Quanah, the same spot with the live camera on Virtual Railfan on Youtube?

The early SD9s had SD7 style handrails, the round posts, and two ladders on the ends like an SD7. Later ones had stamped stantions and one ladder on the end. Where the phase 1 GP9s similar?

So it took me a minute, is the Quanah, the same spot with the live camera on Virtual Railfan on Youtube?
I don't know if Quanah has a webcam. It is a town of about 1500ish people in North central TX
So I don't see much demand for a webcam. But I guess one could be there. The BNSF has a main line thru Quanah going from Ft Worth to Amarillo, then the former SLSF going north from Quanah towards OKC. Only thing left of the QA&P is the small yard in Quanah and the trackage to Acme TX (just a few miles). All the trackage
Between Acme and Floydada was taken up in the 1980's.

The old QA&P was only between Quanah and Floydada TX or a bit over 100 miles.

At its height, it only ran 4 maybe 5 trains a day.

There is a contract switching outfit on my MRR known as the Hindsight Industrial Rail System (HIRX).
20171210_161838.jpg

20171210_161843.jpg

Well they acquired a 5ft section of RR and are now a RR so the "X" has to be dropped, and re-stenciling of the rolling stock is underway.
I was gonna just patch out the X but is was actually easier to patch out the RX, so now the reporting marks are HI.
I got the name as a result of a industrial area here in Grand Junction known as "Foresight Industrial Park", so naturally I had to do the Hindsight thing.
Here are a few examples of the re-stenciling efforts, I dont even know how many cars will need the treatment.
DSC01647.JPG

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01649.JPG

DSC01651.JPG

DSC01653.JPG

DSC01655.JPG

DSC01657.JPG

Thanks for stopping by.

Back