Building the PRR Indiana Branch 1950 (Photo Intensive)

I bought 10 turnouts for $70. Six threw a single turnout and 4 threw doubles (cross-overs) $5 per turnout.

U r so lucky to have all those things at hand and so cheap :S, the turnouts I was buying were really expensive :( the last one I bought was a short Y motorised, I paid US $ 54 for only one, and after that I realised it was not good because of my SD40-2, and not that turnout (switch) is lying in a box :(

Every hobby you get into, over here will cost almost 3 time as much as in other countries :( that's the disadvantage of living on an island :( everything costs too much.

Now I have to wait some time so I can put some cash apart and buy a whole lot of buildings, so maybe I can save a little on shipping, buy buying a bulk.

Maxi

It is the switches that were $5 per turnout. I paid about $5 each for them as well, but I made them from a jig. You could get enough stuff to make 10 turnouts for the price you paid for 3 of that one. Theres a link to Fast Tracks on my site. Go there and watch the hour video on how to make them. After watching that, I decided I'd never buy a commercial one again--not for the price, but for the quality control. They are right on NMRA standards, which no commercial turnout can say.

70 Bucks Aint bad for 10 I suppose - Just more than I expected I guess. Still way Cheaper than that many Tortise Switch Machines & Decoders

Back