Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Just a notice to you all. I got an email from Photobucket and they are going to enforce new rules and regs beginning June 1. I'm assuming that means another attempt to charge and arm and a leg for their hosting. Their email to me says I'm OVER their limit. So, I would have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to keep my photos. Seems they own them! Expect changes for the worst and let anyone you know who may enjoy this site to get on it quickly. Sorry, Jim

Yea Jim, I got the same notice. Free turns to Pay Me Now!!! Simple blackmale but what you gonna do. Several forums I'm on are going to get hit again. Not the first time. Seems like it was the plan all along.

I never understood Photo Bucket. Why not use an external hard drive to store photographs?

Greg

Toot, and Greg, The problem I'm finding is I CANNOT get my photos out of PB. They say to take them out to get to the limit, but don't tell you how. MoneyMaker that.

Tomorrow is the big photobucket day. I'm not well and I can't fight them. They seem to think they own my photos and will not allow me to take them off their site. I don't know what will happen here. I hope for the best. Thank you all. Jim

Okay, photobucket has put a watermark on the photos they say are theirs. At least the photos are here this time around. For how long? No one knows. Jim

Okay, photobucket has put a watermark on the photos they say are theirs. At least the photos are here this time around. For how long? No one knows. Jim
I know it's a long time ago since I signed up to store photos on that site, but I really can't recall ever being informed that doing so made them become their property. And I also have no recollection of it ever being made so since. I signed up when the original owner operated it. I'm 99.99% certain it wasn't so then and I have no recollection of it becoming so, or advised, when the ownership of the site changed either.

I think this is a scam by the new owners to take possession of them by subterfuge, relying on the real owner's (you and me, etc) hopefully, faded memories. I suggest you ask them to show the records of where you did so. See what reaction you get.

I know it's a long time ago since I signed up to store photos on that site, but I really can't recall ever being informed that doing so made them become their property. And I also have no recollection of it ever being made so since. I signed up when the original owner operated it. I'm 99.99% certain it wasn't so then and I have no recollection of it becoming so, or advised, when the ownership of the site changed either.

I think this is a scam by the new owners to take possession of them by subterfuge, relying on the real owner's (you and me, etc) hopefully, faded memories. I suggest you ask them to show the records of where you did so. See what reaction you get.

Toot, Here is how I view this: I have been sent numerous notices that June 1, 2019 is the date I have to sign up. They want $60 per year now for up to 25mb. Not a problem and probably a good price. BUT, they also ask you to pare down your photos to 250 if you are not going to pay. Their trick is to not let you do anything on their site but pay. Nowhere are you able to pare down. I was not allowed to even view my photos. You are only going to pay or get watermarked. So there is my view. Jim

Toot, Here is how I view this: I have been sent numerous notices that June 1, 2019 is the date I have to sign up. They want $60 per year now for up to 25mb. Not a problem and probably a good price. BUT, they also ask you to pare down your photos to 250 if you are not going to pay. Their trick is to not let you do anything on their site but pay. Nowhere are you able to pare down. I was not allowed to even view my photos. You are only going to pay or get watermarked. So there is my view. Jim
Still a scam then, just a bit different to the usual.

According to US Copyright Laws YOU own the copyright on those photos. So I think any good lawyer should be able to secure your photos for yourself. They DO NOT OWN them.

Don't know about where you live, but here in St Augustine there is an attorney who specializes in helping the elderly getting justice from our government,...and our government has very special rules controlling copyrights, patents, mail fraud etc.

If I were you I might try looking up any class-action suits, and attorneys that might have some connection to Photobucket cases. I'll bet there are a number of them.

I had to find such a class action site against a misused/rip-off photo enforced commuter toll road on I-95 at one time in the past. The overseas managing company finally had to rescind there charges against me when I treatened to join that class action lawsuit.

There is just NO GOOD reason you should not be able to recover YOUR OWN PHOTOS,...and with their stupid watermark REMOVED !!!!

Perhaps a GOOD attorney can find a way to make a few dollars on this action,...not from you, but from photobucket?

I was a huge Photobucket user and loved it from 2006 until they redid their user-interface around 2015, thats when it got slow and clunky but was still sort of usable. But when they instituted their blackmail policy in 2017 and broke the internet is when I,along with thousands of others, said enough is enough and pulled my photos from them and refused to pay their extortionate demands. I’m sorry to be harsh but anybody still using Photobucket after 2017 deserves exactly what they get from Photobucket. Photobucket broadcast exactly who and what they are back in 2017.

Back