Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Remember, FOUR correct answers decide the winner. Good luck. Jim

That actually makes more sense as I had found four and was trying to figure out if two were connected or separate changes.

Here' goes my hat into the ring:
#1.) In the center of the diorama, just above the tracks,m there is a tree. To the left of this tree there is a rock. Above this rock, in Photo two, a tree has been added. It appears to be a mostly naked tree, and in photo two, it is clearly visible.
#2.) In the lower left of the diorama, there is a rock. In Photo two, this rock appears to have been rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
#3.) To the 11:00 position of the rock mentioned in #2 (lower left of the diorama), there is a tree (second tree from the left on this side of the tracks). In Photo two, this three has been rotated counter clockwise so the bulk of it's plumage hangs towards the tracks rather than to the right.
#4.) This was probably the toughest and could be a wrong answer. Once again we are on the lower left of the diorama. Start at the big rock on the lower left and look to it's 2:00 (roughly) position. There is a bit of a wispy bush in photo one that obscures part of the track. In Photo two, this bush has been greatly reduced in size to a mere shadow if it's former self. About half the size, I would say.

There goes. I could be wrong, but that's what I see.

KB02 Pretty good. Since this may take forever let me try this. Your #1 and #2 are correct. Another is # is correct and one is way off the mark. Blame my kitty I think. Jim:)

Okay! I just checked to make sure we are all looking at the same two images----and we are. Contest will end this coming Wednesday at 1200 PDT. So get looking and good luck. Jimo_O

Ha. ha. I finally win one and has sometimes happens the easiest find makes all the difference. Here is the answers. Some did not see the forest because of the trees or something like that! Let me think on this. Jim:eek:
IMG_1014_edited-12.jpg

Sorry, JIM ...I did not even try after seeing the upside-down photo PLUS - I have never been much good with this kind of puzzle.
You saying no-one won?

However, it is a very nice looking display!

This Contest was not won. It seemed easier than I thought it would be. How everyone missed the orange circle I will never know. Jimo_O

I haven't heard any ideas from anyone so let's have a drawing. Winner must pay shipping. I will be leaving next Wednesday, the 29th, for the Labor Day Weekend. You have until Labor Day to sign up, ie. let us know here who's IN for the drawing. Thanks, Jim

Well, this has been quite a week. Last Wednesday, I had a cool product called: ThePhotoStick. I laid it on the desk and booted up and NOTHING. Hard drive dead as a door nail and 2000 photos gone. Thursday off to NorCal for family reunion. Got back yesterday afternoon and went to buy a new tower. This is the first thing I've done on it. Oh, and my watch battery died last Wed. as well.

Tomorrow the drawing. KB02 get three chits, RR gets one and Sirfoldalot gets one. My wife will draw the lucky chit. News tomorrow.

My wonderful wife tells me she backed up my photos last October so most of the train stuff is saved!!!!! Jim

Last edited:
Winner, winner chicken dinner. Sirfoldalot.

Finally we are finished. Sirfoldalot let me know if you do NOT want the prize. Thanks to KB02 and Railrunner 130, for being long time participants and naturally to all those folks that came and went in various stages. I'm profoundly happy to have met you all via this site and again thank you.

What is ahead? I have for sale my On30 rolling stock and buildings. Wargaming and photography have replaced trains and it is time to move on. If anyone is interested in On30 let me know via Private Mail.

I will check in from time to time to see if anyone has questions to be answered. For you regulars feel free to answer those questions in my stead. Keeping this thread alive should be important whether I'm capable or not. Cheers, Jim:)

Hip, Hip, HooRay! Of course I will be delighted to receive it, JIM. Secretly ... I didn't want to be a beggar, and am delighted. It will make a very nice display on our mantle in the kitchen/tv/family room. Gonna have to get a small plaque to acknowledge where it came from- most folks will already know that I am not that talented to begin with.

Again, Thank you ....

Congratulations Sherrel (I promise not to call you Shirley), a prize to be treasured indeed. We will miss Jim's layout speed building, scenery and photography thereof skills, looks like we'll have to add wargaming as an additional hobby.

Congrats Sherrel!

Thanks Jim for all your postings through the years. I'd say good luck in your wargaming and photography, but you dont seem to rely on luck.

Back