Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Fellows! I need some help here. I was going through the thread to try and find "lost photos" to put in the proper place. However, something seems different in the thread: I can't find any blank places that used to show the photo bucket logo. Do any of you know what may have happened. I thought we were up to about 260 pages instead of 226. ???? Thanks, Jim

tinwald_1984_small1.png

As you can see, they've just let me post that photo from their storage. Maybe there's been a change of heart since the troublemaker departed.

Fellows! I need some help here. I was going through the thread to try and find "lost photos" to put in the proper place. However, something seems different in the thread: I can't find any blank places that used to show the photo bucket logo. Do any of you know what may have happened. I thought we were up to about 260 pages instead of 226. ???? Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim & Toot -
About a month ago Photobucket went through a major CTJE (Come To Jesus Event).
The short answer is they reversed their policy on charging and the photos are "published" and accessible again (!!!)
They sent an email to their users with the subject Line: Your photos have been Restored!
and a message body:
Hello,
We have listened to you, and significantly lowered the price of the Photobucket plan offerings.
For a limited time all of your 3rd Party Hosted Images have been restored. Please login to choose the plan that best fits your needs to continue hosting your images.
If a Free plan is all you want, we have it! Want 3rd Party Image Hosting for your forum, website, blog, or online store, we have it! Want more storage.....yes, we have that too!

If you google "photobucket" you'll find details on the whole sordid mess (the corp greed, the dawning realization, the final capitulation)
e.g. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/
https://www.redlinederby.com/topic/photobucket-has-a-change-of-heartkinda/3345

So, thats why all your pictures are back . But, I don't know why the page count would change - maybe when we went to the new forum software there was some refinagleing ( technical term)

Anyway, I was really REALLY glad to see the thread photos restored.

Last edited:
Hi Jim & Toot -
About a month ago Photobucket went through a major CTJE (Come To Jesus Event).
The short answer is they reversed their policy on charging and the photos are "published" and accessible again (!!!)
They sent an email to their users with the subject Line: Your photos have been Restored!
and a message body:
Hello,
We have listened to you, and significantly lowered the price of the Photobucket plan offerings.
For a limited time all of your 3rd Party Hosted Images have been restored. Please login to choose the plan that best fits your needs to continue hosting your images.
If a Free plan is all you want, we have it! Want 3rd Party Image Hosting for your forum, website, blog, or online store, we have it! Want more storage.....yes, we have that too!

If you google "photobucket" you'll find details on the whole sordid mess (the corp greed, the dawning realization, the final capitulation)
e.g. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/
https://www.redlinederby.com/topic/photobucket-has-a-change-of-heartkinda/3345

So, thats why all your pictures are back . But, I don't know why the page count would change - maybe when we went to the new forum software there was some refinagleing ( technical term)

Anyway, I was really REALLY glad to see the thread photos restored.

Didn't get the email, will have a look at that link, but it sounds like a temporary reprieve.

JIM -- Guess I should have been paying closer attention to what was going on .....
Perhaps the "new" forum has more posts per page than the older one?

How about the number of posts? Do you remember how many there were before the forum change?

JIM -- Guess I should have been paying closer attention to what was going on .....
Perhaps the "new" forum has more posts per page than the older one?

How about the number of posts? Do you remember how many there were before the forum change?
New forum does indeed have more posts per page, 20 now instead of 10.

Thank you Willie, welcome. I think this explains the whole thing. I just wonder how photobucket got all the pics in the correct places? That is waay beyond me. Hope you enjoy the thread and you may want to enter the one million view contest coming up. Cheers, Jim

7000 views to go. I'm feeling really good about photobucket becoming a 'player' again. I don't have any trains to photograph anymore so I will not use them again. I do have my On30 stuff and that's for sale. ALSO, as you know my health, mainly back, is not were I wish it was. I've had two xray sessions, MRI, and finally a CT scan in the last couple of months. Finally after 40 years something did show up on the CT scan. I have a severely damaged L-5 disc cause by trauma and arthritis. It looks like someone took a bite out of it. Plus there is little or no useful cartilage left between L 4/5.
I will have surgery to repair all this plus fuse L 4/5. Doctor says long recovery from this op that will take a half a day. Most of you know my back is the cause of my stopping model railroading. I'm not promising anything, but who knows. Operation will be July 18th. Jim:)

Best of luck with the back operation, look at Tiger Woods with a back fusion. Maybe you'll have to golf after your recuperation.

Yes, best of luck Jim.
I had a similar thing 2 years ago, and the best thing was the relief from constant nagging pain.
Definite improvement in quality of life.

Its not a problem to walk down stairs. Unfortunately, I usually dont remember why I went downstairs...

Back