Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thanks all. Actually, I taught the MacGyvers little or nothing, instead I concentrated on model railroaders, knowing nothing about model railroading myself.:eek:

Welcome 2 tracks. You can thanks Photobucket for ruining this, and other threads. I'm very slowly trying to fill in the blanks, but I will probably be dead before I finish.

I will have an important announcement down the road about One Million. Jim:cool:

Happy Labor Day Holiday. I've been doing some thinking. I'm not sure that adding photos to fill in the blanks here can be done in my lifetime. No promises. I will try, but the process is more than tedious with many steps to be done correctly to post over the Photobucket logo that now reside here.

IF we get to 1,000,000 I've decided instead of only getting rid of my stuff you all may be better served if I actually use up my leftover scenery and build a good size diorama to give away. I've had the base around for years but never got to do one. It would be my last hurrah for sure. It would be HO of course as this is an HO site. Only requirement for the winner would be to go half on shipping. Not cheap because of size and special packaging, but for something I could get thousand dollars for at our local train show it is a pretty good deal.

Last and this is kind of a sensitive topic to me. Virtually all of my HO trains are gone. I've never charged for anything here, but if anyone is interested in my On30 stuff let me know. I'm not keen on my wife having to put it all on ebay after I'm gone. No problems if no one is interested. Hate to even bring this up, but someone here may want it for a really good price.

Have a fun holiday, Jim:)

Thanks all. Actually, I taught the MacGyvers little or nothing, instead I concentrated on model railroaders, knowing nothing about model railroading myself.:eek:

Welcome 2 tracks. You can thanks Photobucket for ruining this, and other threads. I'm very slowly trying to fill in the blanks, but I will probably be dead before I finish.
And not only on this forum, but a number of others.
They should be penalized for misleading their 'clients'

I have some On30 stuff myself, nice stuff. But I'm not sure I will ever get around to using it as well,...particularly if I concentrate on getting my new HO layout going.

There was a time when I was considering setting up a model train layout over in Thailand,...in a coffee shop/explorers club setting. I figured it would a real threat for the Thai's to see, as well as some of the many expats now living there. On30 would have been a better size for this sort of layout. I had already begun to collect some of the Bachman stuff, particularly as it came on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Thailand once. What an eye opening experience, to say the least. I was also surprised at the number of ex-pats that are there.

Jim, I don't know if this will work in getting rid of the PeeBucket logo or not, when editing the post. Click hard up against the bottom right corner of the image (not in it) and see if it produces a cursor line. Sometimes this appears as a full height line, or mostly just the normal short line. Hit the backspace button and it may (should) cause the image to dissappear. Works with pictures I've posted into reply fields and I think I've also done it when replying to a Quoted post that has a picture in it, to avoid repeat posting of the OP's picture.

There was a time when I was considering setting up a model train layout over in Thailand,...in a coffee shop/explorers club setting. I figured it would a real threat for the Thai's to see, as well as some of the many expats now living there. On30 would have been a better size for this sort of layout. I had already begun to collect some of the Bachman stuff, particularly as it came on sale.
Just ran across a portion of an old letter I had composed for a maker of DCC equipment....

I am just retiring and will move to Thailand to live with my new Thai wife. I am contemplating taking my HO model train layout with me, and/or building a new one over there for display in a 'unique coffee shop atmosphere' I am planning. It will be an Explorers Club theme with a library of world travel books and videos, and a model train layout. I'm anticipating that a good portion of the expat community will visit on occasions, and the 'sound' features should be a draw for the Thai children and their parents.

I do not know of the extent of model railroading in SE Asian, but I would suspect that it should have some following:
1) There are quite a few older western guys retired there, both American and European
2) There are periods of very hot weather that would drive indoor hobbies much in the same manner as cold winter does here.

Toot, I tried that and no luck... Jim:mad:

Wouldn't surprise me if they had locked it in somehow. Here's an email I got from them this morning. Gee! I feel grateful.

[h=3]Photobucket's International Customer Appreciation Weekend Starts Now![/h][h=5]Here at Photobucket, we wanted to spend the weekend with our International users. And what better way to do that than celebrating what makes you, you![/h][h=5]Your Independance Day, your Feast of Sacrifice, your World Peace Day, or even the new "eat two desserts day". Take the time to capture the moments so you'll have the memories to pass down to the generations.[/h][h=5]We are our history. We are our future.[/h]
I would agree if they'd left that bottom line as "We are history"

Isn't that the truth

I once lost a lot of my posted photos on this forum, I believe due to some software change that was made. It really screws up a lot of good discussions that have been made on the web. Photobucket's action has really done a LOT of damage. I personal feel they out to be prosecuted for misleading folks into using their service. Thank goodness I mistrusted them from the beginning

The original P/B owner had a real nice format on his opening page with a really easy interface. Everything you wanted to get to was under tabs across the page top. The libraries were in a dropdown with every one shown, click on the one you wanted, you were taken straight to it. About a year before he sold it, it was updated so you could just click on a thumbnail and it copied without doing the CTRL/C. After it sold, the front page changed to the system in force now. Cumbersome to find libraries and stripped down obviously for Cell phone use to get it all on screen. That's when the pummeling with adds began and in the last couple of years really stepped up. Obviously the marketing hasn't worked and I've been expecting a fee to use being introduced. But $400/year? Forget it. If this doesn't work, I expect them to be gone within the next 12 months. Or less.

One of my buddies at softball has a nephew that just got fired from Photobucket. I got his number and talked for a while. He was let go due to "mismanagement" which caused the need for 'downsizing!' He wasn't really upset, just a bit baffled as to the new direction of the company. MONEY, one way or another, doesn't seem to be flowing into FB's bank like they thought it would. So, maybe not all is lost??? Jim:mad:

When Photobucket started out it was a nice, easy to use platform with a few ads. Then, they started complicating things and got greedy by putting ads on top of ads to the point where the website doesn't work anymore.

BTW Jim- I still have that article I sent you a sample of a while back. Looking for a good photo hosting site so I can post it.

One of my buddies at softball has a nephew that just got fired from Photobucket. I got his number and talked for a while. He was let go due to "mismanagement" which caused the need for 'downsizing!' He wasn't really upset, just a bit baffled as to the new direction of the company. MONEY, one way or another, doesn't seem to be flowing into FB's bank like they thought it would. So, maybe not all is lost??? Jim:mad:

Lost? I think it all will be, and quite soon, Jim. Blame will be placed on clients not taking up the "generous offer" regards membership. Accuse me of being a cynic :rolleyes:, by all means, I've learned from seeing what happen's from management trying to deflect blame from their butts.

HO Explorer - try IMGUR as a hosting site, it's FREE and very easy to use with virtually no ads of any kind attached. That is the program I went to and use here for what it's worth.

As for photobucket, well - with what they are trying to do I don't think anyone will have to worry about them in the near future - $399 (US) a year membership just so you can post YOUR pictures in a forum or chat room and they call THAT generous??? All I can say is ...

"Goodbye and farewell photobucket - greed will be your demise"

I participate in a number of boating forums that host their own photos that are posted. They limit the size of the photos you can post, so I guess that makes it manageable. And they archive some discussions that get very old, and lose participation. I'm not a computer guru, so I don't know exactly how that works for them.

Okay, some good news for a change. Look at page 380, Post 3784. I got the photo there from Imgur. It is kind of large and I don't know how to resized it. Any of you know how? The good thing is I did not have to go through all the steps required to get rid of photobucket's post. Progress for sure. Jim:D

Jim,

When you open IGMUR go to "Your Images" on the right hand side, beneath where it says "Add Image" you'll see a thing called "Auto Resize"

If you click on that you'll get a Drop Down List of different sizes for your pictures to be automatically resized to. I use 800 X 600 but the choice is yours of course.

Okay, some good news for a change. Look at page 380, Post 3784. I got the photo there from Imgur. It is kind of large and I don't know how to resized it. Any of you know how? The good thing is I did not have to go through all the steps required to get rid of photobucket's post. Progress for sure. Jim:D

That's an amazing photo Jim, the definition, even on a biggish monitor is brilliant. Saved to folder.

Back