Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Layout to Iowa

Part 5a

I got the owner
this combo all painted and letter and ready to go. He is in construction and remember this layout will go in his office building.

T-IMG_0062.jpg

He wanted a construction scene. I suggested a landslide and he said, "Yes."

T-IMG_0113.JPG

Construction equipment in Z. Hard to find in those days.

T-IMG_0205.jpg

T-IMG_0206.jpg

Part 5b next. I'm only allowed four photos per post here. Jim:)

Layout to Iowa

Part 5b

To get all the lighting I had
to do wiring of course. Not my strong suit.

T-IMG_0117.JPG

Nicer look.

T-IMG_0118.JPG

T-IMG_0301.JPG

Finally finished. Brace built for protection and off to the UPS Store. $800 shipping if I remember correctly.

T-IMG_0194.jpg

All done. Sorry about the Photobucket issues. Waaay beyond my control. Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've been looking for threads where I have linked pictures to, could be some on here. Fairly random though, so not easy to find, to see if they have also been "de-linked". Seems we may all be going to the method provided on the forum's reply fields in future.

Far as I can tell, none have been removed from P/bucket itself, so as you said, this is all about money and the only payment option they are offering with a 3rd party linking capability is the most expensive. Deleting all your stored pics on their website in protest won't bother them, they would just say thank's, that clears some unprofitable dead wood.

Just found all these on a Google search, so it's official, they are breaking links. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...9i60l3j0l2.20942j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I went right back to the start of the thread and found your problems with P/B started on page 6. Must've been where you started using them, unless you have been back there and converted the pics. I've been doing some experimenting in the coffee shop with some strange effects. They haven't broken the links in the same way as yours, but things sure aren't working as they were.

Toot, Other than finishing off the last layout, yes I have started replacing photos at the beginning of this thread. Tough work. Just those 5 pages took over an hour! Jim:eek:

Toot, Other than finishing off the last layout, yes I have started replacing photos at the beginning of this thread. Tough work. Just those 5 pages took over an hour! Jim:eek:

Thought that might have been the case. This move by P/B is really unfair and unethical, to just dump on members like this is totally unreasonable, but of course it could be part of a plan to shut the site down if the response to the demand fails to deliver and blame the members for it's demise.

Sorry about this mess. A few minutes ago I when to my personal, on my computer, photo site and I have some 6-8 months gaps in my photos! Photobucket may have stole them I don't know. They were there a couple of weeks ago. No way I could accidentally delete 15 months worth of photos. So as I continue to add photos realize that some are not replaceable I guess. Best yet, I went on Photobucket a couple of minutes ago and it seems they are holding me ransom. I cannot even logon or see photos! Jim:mad:

This is obviously what they mean when they say they are "restricting" your account. I'm expecting an announcement soon that they've gone belly up.

I can still get into mine, but then my username and surname is further down the alphabet than yours.

I just did another trial posting. I can still copy and paste a pic to the forum, which once posted appears at full size in the thread, but I can only copy from the thumbnail pic on P/B.(CTRL-C). If I click the thumbnail to go to the enlarged pic, it won't let me copy from the IMG bar provided there, clicking on it just does nothing. Whatever they are up to is weird, some people have had emails to tell them about the"upgrade", I've had nothing.

Yes, I noticed your puzzlement about that, but had no explanation. It would seem therefore that they (photobucket) are systematically going through files of members they have and blocking the ones shared. I predict a lot more dissolutioned users.
Just to clarify it was not Photobucket that 'lost' my photos, but rather this very site here. For example all the photos of my Central Midland Layout went missing/
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?8141-Problems-with-quot-The-Central-Midland-quot-Atlas-HO-29-layout-w-Pics/page2

I had lots of photos of my Central Midland layout posted on this subject thread, starting at page 2 under the name 'railandsail',.....but where are they??

It documented my theme for the layout as it progressed, and it documented my keeping the layout as 3 distinct sections to eventually allow removal from a rented house.

I use to make links to these photos from other websites, which I thought was a good thing as I was directing other railroaders to this site,...was that not a good thing??

beiland

There were a number of other subject threads I participated in that had photos I had posted,...that are now missing??

Jim. How are you getting on with signing in etc to P/B? It's been strange for me, it's still allowing me to copy and paste pictures, several of which are not of my taking. I did lose the option of doing the quick copying from the enlarged picture, only from the thumbnail, for a day. Today it's OK from either. Only thing I'm getting is a popup at the top of the page when doing so, reminding me of the changes to policy. Maybe they've backed off.

Toot, I got on PB today. First time since this mess started. I was to angry to even see if I could third party post. I noticed the pictures did not reappear here.

otiscnj, I've had issues but until last week nothing insurmountable. I'm done with them now however. Jim:mad:

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Thousands of images promoting goods sold on Amazon and other shopping sites have been removed after a photo-sharing service changed its terms.

Ebay and Etsy have also been affected, in addition to many forums and blogs.

The problem has been caused by Photobucket introducing a charge for allowing images hosted on its platform to be embedded into third-party sites.

The company caught many of its members unaware with the change, prompting some to accuse it of holding them to ransom.

Denver-based Photobucket is now seeking a $399 (£309) annual fee from those who wish to continue using it for "third-party hosting" and is facing a social media backlash as a consequence.

The BBC received an automated response when it tried to contact the company and is still seeking comment.
Policy switch

Photobucket has been online since 2003 and says it has more than 100 million customers and more than 15 billion images on its servers.......more at the link above

beiland, I have even seen on one forum that maybe P/B had been hacked by a ransomware virus, because the demand was so similar in effect, but that was discounted quickly. It sure seems that they have taken the attitude "if they (hackers) can get away with it, so can we".

Down, but not out. Under the weather in more ways than one these days. I notice we are just about at 750,000 views. I plan on getting rid of a lot of HO stuff. The Contest will not be a photo comparison like it normally is. Nothing to photograph! It may be something in the way of a drawing. We do have some 'regulars' and no reason you shouldn't be rewarded. More later. Jim:eek:

Layout #7

Moving up to N Scale

PART ONE

I enjoyed N Scale very much, but time and tide wait for no one. Health and arthritis in the hands made be reuse my Z scale layout. I ripped up everything Z and put down N scale track. I redid the left side of the layout, (where the lighted yard and town was) and built a 'logging' mountain. It has switch back to climb to the top. Never built those before. I will do this in about three parts. No building, just photos. Jim;)

b and w short freight.jpgI like the detail in N

Autumn.jpgI had to widen the trestle on top

Busy2.jpgStart of the switch backs on the left

Bringing down the logs.jpgOn the switchback.

Back