Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

HOexplorer

When using ME flextrack I've found that in bending some ties get all out of wack. I take them off to be used later to fill in gaps where track joining and soldering occurred. Here is where a Dremel tool comes in handy. I carve out a small dip under where the rail would be. glue and slide in the tie. No mess, no fuss.
DSC00084.JPG

Patrick

Ouch.....Reminds me of when I ran a wood chisel through the palm of my hand. Told my son who was assisting me not to do use the tool that way and proceeded injure myself in the way not to use the tool.

The upside is that I was wearing a father's day T-shirt that read, "It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's freaking hilarious!" Sure made the ER staff laugh. Tim "the toolman" Taylor didn't have anything on me!!!! lol

HOexplorer

I need some help. HO or On30 folks smarter than me for this issue please! How do you wire a MicroEngineering Turnout??? If you know show me the soldering spots and the color of wire. ie. pos or neg. Many thanks. I'm gone for the weekend so I'll leave you to it. Cheers.
DSC00085.JPG
DSC00086.JPG

HOexplorer

Toot, Yes it is DCC ready and can be wired for DC. I'm a visual person and this stage of my life so I can read and follow maps and diagrams. I Went back to Page 178 and was lost more than ever..

HOexplorer

Thanks Sherrel, You found the answer. I hope I can follow it. The frog IS insulated so I guess I have to power it with Pos current using some sort of button or switching device?

INJURY REPORT! Ran a drill bit through a piece of wood I was holding. So here's the finger. Jokes allowed of course.

Well sir, war wounds are a thing of honor and let's face it....you're not model railroading until you've run a certain number of slivers into your hands and possibly the forehead. I still love finding out in the shower that I walked around with little pieces of some model glued to the side of my shirt or even in my hair.... (yes the model making can get pretty crazy here) and I have track marks like a heroine addict but they look remarkably like small railroad tracks and they are on the back of my arms and elbows not the front... !

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.