Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

IMG_0929.jpg Next up is a bit of WS Earth Undercoat. I never use laytex paints. Jim

Some folks think installing rocks is a big deal. Not really; quite simple. Put your 'rock' up against a section of your diorama or layout. Trace around the 'rock' with a knife and place your 'rock'.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Then using that WS foam putty I showed earlier fill in behind the 'rock', total time for these four rocks, about 10minutes.

IMG_0934.jpg

Let dry over night and then add coloring. Jim:D

With the those rocks you're on a roll!!!

Ha, ha, ha...
Hee, hee, hee...
Ho, ho, ho...
ah... yeah... um...

Okay. I'll admit it. I've been sick and am completely exhausted.

The rocks look good, Jim.

Painting the white foam putty is no big deal. Good time to touch up on other areas that soaked in the color the first around.

IMG_0937.jpg

After drying the sub roadbed is glued down. Last piece of HO foam I had as well.

IMG_0939.jpg

Next will be the first of many layers of ground covering. More is better! Jim:D

Ed, Thank you. The ship is a $105 version of the Black Pearl. 1/96. Naturally mine does not look like the Black Pearl. I've made enough modifications that fit the period, 1680, that it is no BP anymore. Great model and should be within most folks skill level. Moderate. I didn't finish it off with all the rigging because this ship, like my trains, is merely a photo prop. Jim:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Time found to get the first coat of WS Earth Blend ground cover. No mystery here. Squirt on the glue avoiding the rocks as best you can and shake on the ground cover. Doesn't need to be pretty as there will be at least three more ground covers to be added. JIMG_0952.JPG

Jim:eek:

IMG_0951.JPG

Happy Easter to you as well, JIM!

I really like the asphalt paved roadway that you have there! It does need some dashed stripes down the center.

Sherrel, I thought I would use HO track instead! Thanks for the help.

Adding layers of ground covers. I counted 10 different bottles of coverings here. If you use less you're not doing it "my way." Jim

IMG_0954.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
More stuff. Track next. I guess this is going to be my answer to the question. Ballast first or last? At least on this diorama. Jim:)

IMG_0957.JPG

Back