Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

Still applying rivets.

0826191247a.jpg

Glad to see more progress, Ken! It's been a while since I noticed any new post here. Course I haven't been watching much here lately.

Can't stand it anymore. I haven't been able to run trains since I took out the temporary bridge. Today, I decided to reinstall the temp bridge so I can test run some trains to take to Timonium in a few weeks.
The rivet work on the bridge has taken a back seat again to other projects.

I can understand the need to run trains. At home my layout is not very friendly for long trains as it was built mainly for switching, which it does very well, but I really enjoy going to my club where I can run some long trains and see many trains running at the same time. Hoping the weather clears and warms up a bit so I can head over the pass this weekend. Don't get there very often in the winter months.

Finished applying the rivet decals today. Spent a little time downstairs sorting stuff out to build a paint table to spray it.
Tryin to determine the right color now. It's not a perfect flat black. It needs a kind of white wash over it for the weathering.

Floquil could. I used Tru Color for plastic and it is fine. Are you going to air brush the paint? Tru Color is also available in 2 oz. Jars and I would recommend using their thinner

Back