Broadway Limited Paragon 2 USRA Pacific 4-6-2

N

NP2626

After determining that I will not by another Bachmann locomotive, that left me with either Brass, an older Mantua/Tyco, Model Power, or Rivarossi Pacific as choices. Since I have 4-5 steamers to put Sound Decoders in already, I wanted something with DCC and Sound already installed. Sort of leaves only Broadway Limited Imports Paragon USRA Pacific 4-6-2!

I have also had bad luck with BLI's products; but, might be interested in the 4-6-2 if reviews prove-out it's a worthwhile investment.

So, does anyone have anything to say about this particular BLI Product?

BLIParagon2USRAPACIFICSSUMMER201521of22.png

I've got two. I use them sparingly because I don't have a better place to keep them than the boxes and I feel like I'm going to break them. However, they are holding up well and run nicely.

Railrunner130, How long have you had them and could you estimate the hours run time on each?

Ive got one and it is a pleasure to run, has good pulling power and excellent detail. I have 4 other Paragon 2 locos and they all are excellent. On the other hand I have 2 Paragon 3's that have been a nightmare.

I think the first one is probably 3-4 years old with about 20 hours on it. The second I purchased used about a year ago and I've only used it 3-4 times maybe. I generally run them for about an hour at a time. The last time I ran them, I used them in tandem and they ran well together. They are currently out for renumbering (one) and weathering.

I've got two. I use them sparingly because I don't have a better place to keep them than the boxes and I feel like I'm going to break them. However, they are holding up well and run nicely.

Grand Central Gems makes a nice storage box for up to 4 steam locomotives with their tenders attached. They help you keep from damaging the tether connector.
Also, you can visit your local R/C shop, and pick up a foot of 1mm vinyl fuel line. Cut 1/8" off the end, and push it onto the drawbar pin to prevent it from dropping off while in use, and pulling on the tether cable.

I'm looking into the possibility of building some wall storage cabinets. Time is my main issue.

Right now, I do have some display cases, but they are in efficient use of space and $$. I store my rolling stock and smaller locomotives in plastic "shoe box" bins, but I'm afraid of damaging them as well.

Back