Broadway Limited New Haven I-5

Railrunner130

One of my weaknesses is streamlined steam engines. Gotta love the bullet shape to them.

I've been watching the BLI website for a while now and noticed they have been accepting backorders for a really nice looking New Haven I-5. The list on it is $550.00, which is far beyond my budget. An online search shows that several websites are taking backorders for them as well, with about a $90.00 discount on average. I guess that's fair for the shop and consumer, but don't really know that much about BLI dealer discounts. Either way, I figure that like most other products, once it comes out and floods the market, the prices will drop. Back to topic....

Has anyone else taken interest in the I-5? Have any been shipped yet? Does anyone have one?

This is at least the second run of them. One of my fellow club members has one of the earlier versions, with the QSI sound.

One of my weaknesses is streamlined steam engines. Gotta love the bullet shape to them.

I've been watching the BLI website for a while now and noticed they have been accepting backorders for a really nice looking New Haven I-5. The list on it is $550.00, which is far beyond my budget. An online search shows that several websites are taking backorders for them as well, with about a $90.00 discount on average. I guess that's fair for the shop and consumer, but don't really know that much about BLI dealer discounts. Either way, I figure that like most other products, once it comes out and floods the market, the prices will drop. Back to topic....

Has anyone else taken interest in the I-5? Have any been shipped yet? Does anyone have one?

At Walthers, BLI is what's called a "Short Discount" 30% vs 40% for wholesalers. You can forget about flooding the market with today's run sizes. That won't happen. They'll take pre-orders, maybe do a small surplus, and that'll be it. If you want it, you have two choices. Make the best deal you can with an online dealer or a LHS, and pony up, or wait for one the secondary market. You may not do much better on the secondary market these days.

Yea no more flooding any market when it comes to steam
But diesel well thats another story lol

Terry how does the I5 run???
It runs okay, after some tweaking.Very smooth. Most of the tweaking was needed because of our club's "outstanding" trackwork. Very few large steam engines will operate reliably on it. It will (barely) pull a 5 car passenger train of MTH cars around the layout. Bear in mind, however, we have both the 5.7% grade, and some really severe super-superelevation. Some of it remonds me of the banking at Daytona Speedway...

Back