Bridges along the Northern Pacific's Butte Shortline.

Yep, I see your other photos, Iron Horseman! I love bridges on a layout, too, as you can tell. If I needed more, I would not hesitate to chop up some scenery and put them in, as they are a fun place to watch trains cross.

Looking at the Central Valley Model Works truss bridges makes me think that the only bridges my layout is lacking is one of these bridges. They are such detailed and wonderful models that I sort of regret not planning to have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, this is an invite for people to post photos of the bridges on their layouts, lets have more!!

Here are two shots of my 2nd favorite wooden trestle on the Oregon California and Eastern. Hope the software cooperates and displays the image - darn I guess all we get is the link.
View attachment 46822 bridgedino.jpg

Attachments

• UP4034onTrestle.jpg
    UP4034onTrestle.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Horseman, Your post does show a photo of a U.P. FEF pulling a passenger train across a large wooden trestle. Can I ask where the photo was taken?

Iron Horseman, Your post does show a photo of a U.P. FEF pulling a passenger train across a large wooden trestle. Can I ask where the photo was taken?
This is the Oregon California & Eastern (OC&E) layout at the Colorado Model Railroad museum in Greeley Colorado. I volunteer there almost every weekend that I am in Colorado. After one accumulates over 500 hours of volunteer time they can take their own equipment down and run on the layout, so it is sort of my "default" layout since I no longer belong to a club with a working layout.

This is the trestle that has the dinosaur under it. One can see the dinosaurs head slightly in the photo under the link. I reworked the post. Think I got it to show both pictures now.

It looked to me like that was where your photo was shot; that, plus the fact that I knew you where from Colorado. So, you get to run trains at the Colorado Model Railroad Museum, I'm jealous! What a great layout!

Back