Brakeman Hal joining up.

Brakeman Hal

Hello, I'm Brakeman Hal, an 82-year-old retired Aerospace Lab Test Engineer who is into O-Scale 2-Rail operation.

I recently dismantled my HO layout and have completed the benchwork for a 127-foot O-Scale 2-Rail "folded dogbone" layout in my game room.

I'll be laying Atlas flex-track next, followed by wilderness Desert/Mountain scenery to simulate the High Desert area where I live.

I hope I can meet other O-Scale 2-Rail modelers!

Here's my layout:

Hal

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Hal! Post up some photos, and keep us up to date on what your working on. I model Ho Scale ( ex-N scalet) but would like to what can be done in the bigger scales.

Welcome aboard Hal. We're a friendly bunch here and there are quite a few "O" scalers among us. I'm HO but grew up with my dad's Lionel layout.

Thanks, santafewillie, but I'm interested in O-Scale 2-Rail, not the popular Lionel 3-Rail system.

The 2-Rail clubs and modelers are hard to find on the Internet.

My baseball cap says Santa Fe, and my favorites are the Western Roads, such as UP, SP, Santa Fe, and GN.

I'm looking for a Steam loco in one of the Western roads, such as a 2-6-0 Mogul or a 2-6-2 Prairie, with DCC and Sound.

Brakes released, Johnson Rod forward, Cylinder Cocks open, Throttle cracked, and Two Blasts on the Whistle!

Brakeman Hal

Last edited:
Iron Horseman, our High Desert is Southern California's Mojave Desert at an elevation of 3000 ft.

It extends eastward to the Colorado River.

Brakeman Hal

Last edited:
Iron Horseman, our High Desert is Southern California's Mojave Desert at an elevation of 3000 ft.

It extends eastward to the Colorado River.
Oh yes, the Mojave. Unfortunately less than a handful of railroads to choose from down there. My daughter is a policeman in Las Vegas, but I love country around the opal fields way up on the Nevada/Oregon boarder better.

Back