Boys Scouts: Your Train has arrived

LOL. I tried to respond to the thread several times until I realized it was a different website. The forum background looks very close

I thought it was going to be more unique than that. I mean liok at the other hertiage units that one can't compare.

I thought it was going to be more unique than that. I mean liok at the other hertiage units that one can't compare.

it isn't a Heritage locomotive, it's a Commemorative. Many of the commemorative units are more understated than this.

it isn't a Heritage locomotive, it's a Commemorative. Many of the commemorative units are more understated than this.

Ok if that is the case look at 4141 George Bush unit also 2001 and 2002 OLYMPICS unit. I love UNION PACIFIC don't get me wrong, I'm jus sadden due to it could of been better.

I understand, and yes, 2001/2 and 4141 are also commemorative units, but of an extreme. More typical are the various United Way and Military Commemorative units. But even when compared to 2010, I'll be the 2st to admit these have a bit more 'splash" than 2010.

Perhaps it is just a sign of these economic times. Either way, the excitement I witnessed yesterday on the Scouts in attendance was not affected by such comparison.

Yea that maybe true. It would had more pop if there was an official boy scout paint scheme instead of the armour yellow and UP grey. Anyone remember the desert storm SP unit?

Did you know that E.H.Harriman was one of the founders of the Boys Club? That's not the same organization but it's close enough to think that UP has a soft spot for this type of legacy. :cool:

Out here the BSA can't use public parks due to political reasons. So it's good to see the private sector take up the slack.

Out here the BSA can't use public parks due to political reasons. So it's good to see the private sector take up the slack.

Thats dumb. I forget when its happening but the BSA are having a HUGE!!!!! camping trip here in NJ at the Campgaw Reservation in Mahwah,NJ. They've requested a whole bunch of K9 officers, bomb squad and I think our S.W.A.T team for all day demonstrations. Supposed to be close to 2000 members camping.

Back