Book Review: Practical Guide to Digital Command Control by Larry Puckett

N

NP2626

I am a book collector as far as projects for my Model Railroad. I have visited Mr.Puckett's Website several times and even communicated with him several times, via Email. This book was originally published by Carstens Publications (Model Railroad Craftsman) which closed it's doors in August 2014 and in September of 2014 White River Productions picked up the line.

The book is very complete and goes into aspects of DCC which I will never use; but, others surely might. If you need a good book on DCC written by an author with considerable depth in the field, this is the book to get. Chapters covered are: Introduction, Selecting a System, Adding DCC to a New or Existing Layout, Mobile Decoders and Programing, Decoder Installations, Sound Decoders, Stationary Decoders and Detection, a Quick Index, DCC Company Listings, etc... I found this book to go hand in hand with my Big Book of DCC written by Digitrax and since I found Mr. Puckett to be so helpful with questions I have asked him, I figured his book would be very helpful also.

White River Productions, similar to Kalmbach Publishers has many great books to help us out in our model railroading endeavors! I feel both are great places to get books on this wonderful hobby. However, this is my first book from White River and I am impressed with it's quality and coverage of the topic. By the way, Mr. Puckett writes the DCC Corner for Model Railroader Magazine and has since 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several of Larry Puckett's web topics in my "Favorite" list for easy reference. He is a master at DCC information.

Greg

Back