BNSF Kodachromes

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
does anyone know if any Kodachrome SF units survived to the BNSF merger? I did a search on railpics .net and didnt find much. I've got a set of 3 SD40-2's I plan to re stencil for BNSF, a BN, a SF bluebonnet, and a SF Kodachrome. I'm trying to figure if that would be prototypical, of If I should repaint the kodachrome shell...

V&AL, I don' know if it's prototypical or not, but I took a little modeler's license and did one just for the fun of it anyway.

100_1856.jpg

not sure, but if you can get the date of the merger and then peruse the web for pics of kodachromes taken after that date, you would have an answer.

Jerome, I can only wish that the prototypes looked that good, nice work! If there ever was a paint scheme designed by blind accountants, the real kodachrome was one.

I saw a couple of C30-7's in the Kodachrome paint that were patched for BNSF, but did not have it done like Jerome's on the longhood. Just the small BNSF lettering by the numbers on the cab. I believe these are long gone now - maybe in Brazil with the others that went.

The only Kodachromes were the C30-7's that were leased back to BNSF, after the merger.

According to Bob Del Grosso's 2004-2005 BNSF locomotive review there were 5 units that made it to BNSF numbers in the Kodachrome paint. They were all ex ATSF C30-7's. BNSF #5176 (ATSF 8133), 5182 (ATSF 8139), 5184 (ATSF 8141), 5185 (ATSF 8142) and 5193 (ATSF 8150).

So if you want to be correct you need to get a Atlas C30-7 and renumber it or just do what you want and let other people worry about the details.

Scott O'Dell

I just had a great idea! but a big yellow BN in front of the SF where the SP was supposed to go...

My other idea is a big BN logo...

now if I could figure out a way to test all 2 ideas and decide which I like best...

I know your post is a long time ago, but...

I just had a great idea! but a big yellow BN in front of the SF where the SP was supposed to go...

My other idea is a big BN logo...

now if I could figure out a way to test all 2 ideas and decide which I like best...

I found this picture of a kodachrome train featuring the BNSF logo, as described by you, on Google: http://www.qstation.org/bnsfpix/bnsf5960.jpg

thought you might like it!

Back