BNSF jobs ad

NYC_George

I see this ad for NBSF on the internet. Anyone know what's it all about? Great for anyone looking for a job on the railroad.
bnsf_jobs.JPG

That ad's not actually from BNSF itself (or they certainly wouldn't mention the UP) but it is legitimate info.

Nebraska's low unemployment rate is leading the nation's two largest freight railroads to offer huge incentives to attract employees for certain jobs.

Omaha-based Union Pacific is offering signing bonuses as high as $15,000 for diesel mechanics, $20,000 for train crew positions and up to $25,000 for diesel electricians in North Platte, home to UP's Bailey Yard, the world's largest train yard.

Full story here:

http://journalstar.com/business/loc...cle_b31d13c7-0101-5a9f-a056-5db9f6920734.html

Bob: Ain't full employment wonderful? Just two years ago I was reading about layoffs due to loss of coal business. The business cycle moves very quickly. It is a great opportunity for those desiring a railroad career.

Like I said above. If your thinking of applying for a train crew job don't plan on planning anything in advance. It won't being happing. Just warning you.

George

Back