Blueline DC Sound???

RexHea

RAIL BENDER
Question about Blueline DC Sound/ DCC Ready:

A friend just asked me if this unit would have sound by installing a standard DCC decoder. He said a guy at Litchfield said it would. This combo is something new to me, so I need your input.

Will the DCC Throttle control the sound?
How does it have DC sound? from what?
Is the sound any good?

The BlueLines will have sound and run on DC just fine. You will not be able to control the sounds ie: horn/bell unless you have a quantum controller or something to that effect..

To get the most out of the BlueLines you can add a DCC decoder. This will allow you to control all of the sounds using your DCC throttle.

I have put many decoders into the bluelines, and by far, the best one was a cheap lenz le1000w hardwired to a 8 pin plug and left the lights controlled by the on board decoder and it worked great that way. I put an NCE N14SR into the last AC6000 I did, and the only problem was that I had to modify the radiator cover to accomodate the height of the decoder.
I believe BLI could have engineered the placement of the socket better and not put the other plugs so close to it. :cool:
But otherwise, they sound great in dcc mode with all sounds being controlled by the Fx function buttons on the handheld.

Ok, so with a DCC (Standard) decoder installed, the DCC throttle will control the sounds. I'm curious as to how that works.
He is looking at buying the Mikado light that is on sale at FDT at $100 off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think from what I understand, the dcc decoder, that you fit, controls the motor, the built in decoder controls the sound and lights.

I really want a class A, but the budget wont stretch that far!!
NZ 49c buys US $1!!!!
Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the light mike,go for the ATSF 3751 class 4-8-4s fantastic value at $149. I used the new Digitrax DZ125PS decoder.....
And the new sound by BLI will blow you away!

3754DriftingthroughtheEastTucson-1.jpg

Thanks loads everyone for the input. I will pass this on to him.

That 4-8-4 is beautiful. I would order myself one if I hadn't already blown my budget for 6 months.:rolleyes: :( :D

Back