BLI Sound

G'day all, I hope somene can give insight on this one.. I like BLI and own two and never had any trouble.. On Sunday April 21...a good friend bought his first sound loco , also a BLI with Paragon 2 sound brand new and invited me to check it out. I took along to his terrific CN coal layout with a double main line and spur my latest edition , an Intermountain ES44Ac..also..
Paul (friend) started his new SD40-2 up , perfect sound , ran magnificent as expected and he began running it in...After about maybe half an hour it came out of his tunnel and without either of us touching the controller the horn started blowing..couldn't de activate it immediately ...then sound stopped completely... once we got it going again thinking maybe dirty track it ran fine again with sound..We went to shut it down on function 9 but no go..wouldn't work , neither would start up...except on alternative F6..as per booklet..Other sound issues intermittantly...It's brand new, never used....anyone got any ideas/solutions ? My loco ran perfectly by the way same track..so doubt if track issue... Cheers Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
A guess would be infant mortality of the new decoder. Did you try resetting the decoder, and starting over with it?

G'day Terry

G'day Terry , Thanks for response...No re setting...Do you mean default settings ? Because no CV adjustments made whatsoever..It had only been partially run in essentially..just varying speeds and direction etc..
Don't think Paul had even investigated changing CVs or anything like he had with his 4 function decoders..This is his first sound enabled one..
Might ask him to try the default CV8 setting 8 anyway...
Thanks for help...Cheers Rod...

G'day all, THANKS TO THE FORUM......A week ago I posted this topic for a friend who had just bought a BLI model...Thanks to help on this page and another BLI thread , Paul used the info to rescue the loco..Guess what ? it's working perfectly again.
The decoder has a reset button located on near the light board and by engaging it while power on to track it re-set the locomotive SD40-2 to exactly as it should..
Paul's even joined the Forum now...Cheers again Rod...

Back