ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

cointrain101

I sent an email out to BLI asking what the status was on if they were ever going to rerelease the long awaited PRR K4.

I also asked about if they are considering doing the Streamlined ones to.

This was the Response I got

"I agree with everything you said. Our next run of the K4 with current
tooling will be later this year. We hope to model the streamlined version
in 2013.

Sincerely,

Matt Williamson
Broadway Limited Imports, LLC"

Yes!!! Finally! One of the most famous locomotives will be reborn in HO scale!

I will probobly order all of the variations of the Streamlined ones!!!
And also some normal K4s.

Expect them 2013!

blackz28

well its nice to dream :psoo figure on 2016 is more realistic , its not just bli , its all of them NONE DELIVER ON TIME :rolleyes:

Joe G

Any idea as to how much the BLI K4s will be?

I am interested in the BLI Paragon2 PRR NW2 and SW7, any feedback on those.

Joe:)

cointrain101

The K4 will cost about 350 dollars for the normal one, and about 400 for the streamlined one.
The PRR NW2 and SW7 will be out about May 2012

Joe G

Thanks, is there an estimated delivery date for the K4? I think that the K4 will be my first steamer.

Also, are the PRR NW2 and SW7 the second runs of this model. In the case of BLI products, do you believe that the second runs of these models will be an improvement over the first.

Last edited by a moderator:

cointrain101

Thanks, is there an estimated delivery date for the K4? I think that the K4 will be my first steamer.

Also, are the PRR NW2 and SW7 the second runs of this model. In the case of BLI products, do you believe that the second runs of these models will be an improvement over the first.

There might be a small improvement in electronics but not much. The locomotives have been the same throughout BLIs history. They made these a few years ago to.

The K4 should be out early 2013. I would say from january-april

Joe G

A heads up to all you PRR fans, seems that BLI has announced Tsunami equipped PRR K4s with an msrp of $499 and a winter 2012 delivery date.

LHS is offering a 20% discount, Factory Direct Trains is advertising $399, but can BLI deliver in 2012, 13, 14.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.