Background Scenery

Nightwing

I recently came across a website that had HO scale background scenery that was 10 feet long and a couple of feet high. It was just what I was looking for. Alas! I didn't bookmark it and can't find it again. Any ideas?

Backdrop warehouse sells them up to 12' long and up to 4' high. That is where I ordered mine:

[video=youtube;PzAxuV-my38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzAxuV-my38[/video]

I've been working on my backdrops with trainjunkies. All my backdrops are custom made since I'll have the 4 seasons and need a very good transition to each one of them. I already have 3 sets done (not installed yet), 260", 210", 160" and still need about 1230" x 24"

I've ordered mine from:
http://trainjunkies.com/

This is the winter transition from autumn

View attachment 60775

This is a section of summer

View attachment 60776

There's 3 industries in this spring section

View attachment 60777

Personally, I'm very satisfied with is work. I've ordered only the paper format.

Hawk,

Looks very nice. Are you modeling HO or O gauge? Looks like HO to my noob eye. If it is HO did you have to custom order the 24" height since they seem to print HO at 18" normally?

HO it is.
Like I said, they are all custom. They vary between 20" and 24", but I know they will do from 18" up to 48"
I want the backdrops to fit my layout, so I've added streets, dirt roads, rivers, etc.
The late autumn to winter are pictures I found because it was hard to find backdrops with trees without leafs.
This way I know that I'm the only one with these backdrops....for now...LOL

These are probably done in Illustrator and printed on a HP plotter. BTW they can print up to 60" tall.

These are probably done in Illustrator and printed on a HP plotter. BTW they can print up to 60" tall.
I lost my HP plotter a few years ago. It was sad. I really liked what could be done with it. I could keep adjusting and re-printing until I got it exactly right. However, mine was a 755cm that could only take 36" wide rolls of paper. I've been trying to find another one than I can afford. It is hard to justify the price just for model railroad backdrops.

I lost my HP plotter a few years ago. It was sad. I really liked what could be done with it. I could keep adjusting and re-printing until I got it exactly right. However, mine was a 755cm that could only take 36" wide rolls of paper. I've been trying to find another one than I can afford. It is hard to justify the price just for model railroad backdrops.

Well, if you start a part-time business in the same field where you used the plotter, you could both afford and justify a new one, as well as having it available for backdrops, *and* earn extra money for more MRR stuff.

Wish I could do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back