Backdrop Image, string of coal cars

beiland

I'm looking for a good existing image, or a 'how to create' a good image of a string of coal cars fading off into the background. I'm locating my coal mine loading tipple very close to the backdrop, and I would wish for that backdrop to convey an image of 3 tracks of coal cars waiting to be loaded under the tipple, then exiting out into the layout space. I would like it to be a string of cars rather than dead end tracks.

I'm sure that there have been a number of other modelers that have sought the same, but I have yet to find such an image??

Hi. I don't know if that even exists. But I'll say this. If it does, it's most likely going to have that wrong vanishing point problem where the VP in the picture doesn't coincide with the the VP where you are now standing/viewing. You might not mind that. And that's fine.. I, for the most part, have never liked existing printed backdrops for that very reason; their VPs don't move as we move..But I do hope you can find what you're looking for...
Maybe a mirror could work in some way ...Or, perhaps, reconfigure track/relocate the tipple in some way.

Back