Bachmann Trains Holiday Village Street Car Set

Bruette

I bought this for under $100 from MB Klein and I love this little thing!

The On30 scale is perfect with my Lionel Traditional O Christmas trains.

The smaller track looks great and fits in the area I have. The barn looks great in my Christmas Village.

It runs smooth and is extremely quiet and can be set to creep long very slow as I imagine a real street car would. I absolutely love the reversing action!

I have already put over 40 hours on of run time in and it still runs like brand new.

The real test will come year after year and how it holds up.
41hVZPtwO4L.jpg

Alan you are so right! This thing has bitten on to me and like a bull dog it won't let go! I love watching this thing just go back and forth. I love it so much I want a Baltimore Transit Company version on my layout, I need one! On30 just seems so perfect for a trolley. I see Bachmann sells the track set separately and a United Traction version that looks good and would fill in nicely until I can beg them to make a Baltimore Transit version. MB Klein said they would order it for me too!

I bought one many years ago and I loved it, but then the reversing circuit card quit working. I bought a Circuitron AR-1 Automatic Reversing Circuit to replace the track and car barn. I ran HO flex track along my Christmas village and used it that way for years until the trolley eventually quit working and I couldn't get it to run again. I wish I would have known about Bachmanns warranty at the time or I would have had it fixed. I looked for a replacement for 2 or 3 years and finally gave up, but now I'm seeing them all over the place.
I would not mind having another, but I just bought a Bump and Go trolley to take its place.

Back