Bachmann online parts store 25% off last week

MikeM

So Bachmann had a 25% off on all parts last week. I purchased the parts to build a 2-10-4 and a 2-6-6-2. Picked up some vandy oil tenders to go along with them. Installed Soundtraxx Steam2 with iPhone 6 and 28mm speakers in enclosures. They both seem to be pretty good runners.

Last edited:
Very nice! I was just about finished installing a Soundtraxx Tsunami TSU-2200 in my 2nd 2-10-4 when something touched something and blew the sound module! :( Locomotive was working okay. Contacted Soundtraxx and they said to send the decoder back. From the Vandy tenders I take it you are modelling either UP or GN. Mine are kitbashed Mantuas and I stretched the tender as well. Have to watch the steel splice in the tender chassis. I think the speaker, which wasn't tied down yet touched the piece of steel! Have to insulate that!

From the Vandy tenders I take it you are modelling either UP or GN. Mine are kitbashed Mantuas and I stretched the tender as well. Have to watch the steel splice in the tender chassis. I think the speaker, which wasn't tied down yet touched the piece of steel! Have to insulate that!

Thanks... Most of my steam is UP or SP yeap. Yeah I wrap all the metal inside with kapton tape. Making them smoke when they are not supposed too sucks. LOL They will probably replace it for you. Its just that whole shipping thing...

Back